Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:42 PM   #46
SIIKprice
AF Newbie

hahahah i just posted that and his wasnt posted yet. lol
Old 07-22-2003, 09:12 PM   #47
David Kang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to David Kang
Hey SIIkprice, do you have a S2000?? If you do, I would like to talk to you about the car. I also have a S2000 and would like some pointers from everyone who has one. thankz
Old 07-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #48
johnnyboy5
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to johnnyboy5
1000 hp

the only cars ive known to have 1000 hp is the new Cadillac that's gonna come out. Supposively 1000 hp V-16 and its a lux car.

Besides that one the cars in Gran Turismo 3, which could be possible in real life if u had the $$$$$.

Hard to believe a Nova culd pull 1000hp.

However, it's not how much power the car has, it's how u drive it.
johnnyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:05 PM   #49
knorsk
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 1996Z28SS
Well it doesn't matter either way seeing it doesn't look like he is answering the question.
I didn't say it was a four banger...I just said a small engine. The Indy cars are those high tuned small ass 3.0L 8's(or somethin). as far as 4's I remember reading about a rebuilt honda or acura that was throwing around 600+ at the wheels in a four. Hey, I think it's bull shit too! but they somehow pulled it off. That is if the magazine isn't full of shit.

You can find me at ImportRuiner.com
knorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 08:13 PM   #50
knorsk
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by B16EJ1

You actually believe that the size of the chassis has anything to do with the tone??? It's about the engine intake/exhaust flow and the determining factor on tone is the diameter of piping and muffler.
actually yes the intake, exhaust flow and diameter all aid in the tone...but it's also that the Accord is a 2.2 L "larger" engine. The civic is a little more raspy cause it is a lil engine that could. That's why V8's with "them side dump boys" are so loud, cause it's twice the size and twice the combustion.

I think Accord Zero was refering to the size of the engine...not the length.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #51
blue4g2def
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to blue4g2def
300hp+ is USELESS in a FF unless youre running super slicks in the front.

FF has a limit, heh.

What you need is a 4banger FR.

and 1000hp cars are REALLY kinda common now. Almost every major garage in japan has a 1300hp skyline or supra.

I bet if civics were RWD you'd see garages make them really powerful...but the fact is, FF is a boring, conservative, limiting drivetrain. I wouldnt put the money to make a civic have 500hp cause i wouldnt be able to use it, heh.
blue4g2def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 03:02 PM   #52
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

I just dont get it, I dont know too much about rice, but I do know for a v8 muscle car a 2.5" exhaust will sustain 600+ rwhp easily. WHY in for gods sake would you need a 3" exhaust for a puny 1.8L, I mean cmon, I have sodas in the fridge with more liters than that.

Also these morons claiming 800hp with a 4 banger is just plain funny. It seems like 95% of you dont know anything at all about performance, slapping a wing, decals and a CAI doesnt give you a performance car.

I bet I do have something you guys could never achieve...TOURQE! Which may I add is more important than HP in a race. Thnx.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #53
Hyatus
Banned

Re: Question for all you Full blown Ricers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackasssi
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Silver_GTR34
have u guys ever seen those Domestic wanna be imports???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know whats worse? When people put BMW stuff on Honda's. BMW emblems?
um ok, i was thinking of moddeding some m3 sideskirts to go on my civic is that rice?? hope not cause i was gunna get um for almost free
Hyatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:15 PM   #54
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Question for all you Full blown Ricers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyatus
um ok, i was thinking of moddeding some m3 sideskirts to go on my civic is that rice?? hope not cause i was gunna get um for almost free
Free or not. RICE (JMO)
B16EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 03:53 AM   #55
loesch8102
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to loesch8102
I think I'm going to give up imports all together and buy a monster truck so I can run over these...

(Here's the really sad part)
loesch8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:05 PM   #56
knorsk
AF Enthusiast

Yeah...I'm with you on the monster truck idea. I need to put my car on CarDomain if people "love that car!". That way I can feel like I have some friends besides alcohol. Now I know why our parents didn't like our style and music, cause it comes with metal wings and crome hubcaps. Next time my Mom says something I did to my car isn't cool, I'm gonna believe her.

I would really like that car if I was sitting out front of my residence and drinking a beer and saw it come ripping down the road and wrap around a big tree...possibly take out my neighbor...and her little dog too.

Old 09-02-2003, 04:46 PM   #57
T!mmy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to T!mmy Send a message via MSN to T!mmy
Not taking up for ricers but some of you guys can be real asses...Some people do not care about racing, they just want to have a car that looks different from everyone else. I see nothing wrong with that as long as they don't try to mainpulate people into thinking they have a badass car because of the way it looks. The one thing where I DO draw the line is when a car will put different emblems...THAT is pure rice (usually people that do that are trying to say they have a fast car (WEAK ASS)) My 2 cents
T!mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:58 PM   #58
Vi3t Stylez
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Vi3t Stylez
Thumbs up Re: Question for all you Full blown Ricers

Quote:
Originally Posted by T!mmy
Not taking up for ricers but some of you guys can be real asses...Some people do not care about racing, they just want to have a car that looks different from everyone else. I see nothing wrong with that as long as they don't try to mainpulate people into thinking they have a badass car because of the way it looks. The one thing where I DO draw the line is when a car will put different emblems...THAT is pure rice (usually people that do that are trying to say they have a fast car (WEAK ASS)) My 2 cents
I AGREE! People who have a CLEAN good lookin car wit a body kit put on correctly and rimz shouldnt be considered rice. WAT IS RICE is some one who puts a shit load of DAM STICKERs on their car and puts a HUGE ASS 747 aluminum spoiler on a fwd and has a whacked, unpainted body kit and shit like that. And plus, if the person doesnt act like they all that and doesnt race and act like they're fast, its FINE. A GOOD CLEAN CAR WITHOUT AN ARROGANT OWNER IS NOT RICE. IT'S JUS NICE. :-D

Last edited by Vi3t Stylez; 09-11-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Vi3t Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:51 AM   #59
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Re: Re: Question for all you Full blown Ricers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3t Stylez
and puts a HUGE ASS 747 aluminum spoiler on a awd.
hrmmm...so those pro auto-crossers who drive evo's an sti's w/ their huge wings are ricers? all cars can use a spoiler (yes even a huge one) IF they actually are wind-tunnel tested and are there for a point. i do agree that on 99% of the cars on the road, they are pointless, but how do u know that car isn't a full blown auto-x'er that jus hasn't done much other to the outside? (very unlikely but STILL there is a chance)

im not standing up for the ricers of the world (even tho it is their car so...they can do wut they want), and i do agree that there is a line where they begin to look rediculous, but i guess to each their own.

yes everyone has had their laughs at a STOCK civic w/ a huge 6' wing with only an exhaust tip and stickers all over the place, but as long as the guy doesn't think he's got some type of great race car...wuteva i guess?

as for the topic itself, someone asked why in the world would a small motor use such big piping? well, u are correct in assuming that a LOT of them are ricers who believe they'll free up more power w/ the bigger exhaust, but the ones that i know w/ 2 1/2-3 in piping are all FI cars running 15-20 psi on their talons or tegs etc...

to the same person, yes torque is VERY important in a race, and hondas have none. wut they do have is the ability to rev insanely high and produce high enough hp numbers in a light weight car to run respective times.

now why wouldn't a honda's 1.8 liter I4 motor have the torque of ur 4.6 V8? hrmmm...maybe its the displacement. im a full on believer that there is no replacement for displacement (domestics are in the 4's, imports are in the 6's last time i checked) so that is proof right there. but this doesn't take away from the fact that u can go out and modify them. not everyone wants/likes the styling of a domestic (i respect them, but don't want one), and would rather have the challenge of pushing the most power possible from a smaller displacement motor.

and finally, 800 hp from a 4 banger isnt unheard of. the guys on the NHRA circuit are pushing that number (if not more) from their I4's. no, they aren't daily driven, but still they are out there.

last-original topic, putting an exhaust onto an import is not pointless. it CAN be when they put a muffler on and think they have an amazing racing exhaust system that adds 15+ hp to the wheels, but i hardly think of tanabe or greddy as rice modifications. i DO agree that the loud weed-whackers do get annoying, but they aren't going away i guess. so get used to them or turn up the tunes...

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
KrNxRaCer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #60
Nick666
AF Newbie

All those guys trying to make people believe that japanese companies don't know how to build a sport car are just full of shit.

The engine of the type R is a 1.8l which develops 195 HP! Does any one of you "rice haters" realize that???

Your shitty mustang GT produces only 260 HP for a 4.6l.

If honda was to build a 4.6l engine, they could get 500HP out of it!!!

And even if your mustang is a bit faster, you loose your advantage at the first turn anyways..

And driving a mustang is so boring...
Nick666 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion