Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 08:21 PM   #1
X3R0G
AF Newbie

Question 1983 Nissan Sentra

Hello...

I have a 1983 Nissan Sentra that I am turning into a project car. It is is great condition and runs very well. My gas mileage is pretty poor though, 21 MPG around town driving =( I put in Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, high performance racing wires, a new distributer cap, K&N racing air filter, new synthetuc oil, put in new fuel & oil filter, and I even put in a full tank of premium 76 gas with a carburetor cleaner aditive with it as a tune up. I dont know what can be causing such poor gas mileage; and when I start out from a stop with peddle down to the floor, or open it up anywhere [when RPM is lower than 3000] I feel it not pick up right away when I floor it and even get sluggish once the peddle is all the way down. It seems that I dont get very much power and Im wondering what this can be caused from? Build-up on my inlet / exhaust valves, needs new carb, or needs more air?

Thankz...
X3R0G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 09:52 PM   #2
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

Send a message via AIM to HogieGT-R Send a message via MSN to HogieGT-R
well dude you do have to put into consideration that before the 90s nisan sentras were economy cars...mine is an 88 and is has 69 bhp with a top speed of 100 mph..hmmm i wonder is that 76 octane gas or is it that gas station that is labeled 76? have you tried a higher octane? my dad had a problem with his truck and the mechanic said to try what they call a super test where u run a higher octane fuel for a while to see if you get a better response with the engine...have you cleaned your fuel lines yet? sometimes if your fuel lines are clogged, then you won't get a good response...also another thing is if you have a large pipe that has the same circumference as a cd, you won't get as good acceleration as if you had a stock muffler...it's almost so as if you had a hole in your exaust system

hope i helped if any

My Addiction
HogieGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote