Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #1
ASJT3
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ASJT3
Incessant alarm 2008 Tahoe

Folks, I’ve got a frustrating one here, recently bought a 2008 Tahoe to replace my tired old 2007. At some point when I was getting it inspected to be registered the mechanic yanked on the driver side door handle and the Tahoe started beeping Three times in quick succession. it continue to do this, until I decide to disconnect the battery to try and stop it. Well now, after reconnecting the battery the alarm just constantly goes off anytime anyone opens a door. I’ve removed the fuse for the horn because I can’t seem to stop this, even removing the battery for days on end does not fix it.

I suspect it has something to do with the electronic door latches, the two in the rear are not responsive to commands from the remote nor have they been since I bought it, and the front passenger side is intermittent. Anyone else have any ideas? I’ve ordered a new set of electric latches to replace all of them to see if that fixes it.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:55 AM   #2
ASJT3
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ASJT3
Re: Incessant alarm 2008 Tahoe

Any ideas here? I've replaced the electric door latches to no avail. The alarm comes on whenever I pop the hood, open doors, or start the vehicle. Anybody have any experience with this?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe