Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
AllGo'n'Show
AF Regular

'68 Plymouth Sport Fury

Hey all,

I am looking into purchasing a 68 Plymouth Sport Fury to start a slow restoration of, being my first restoration it would be a great learnign experience. It has a 383 that needs a little carb work but I might aswell rebuild the engine if I go all out on the car aswell.

Here are some ideas/questions I have and am looking for help answering/other peoples opinions.

The 2 dr Sport Fury's don't seem like much of a "muscle" like car like the Mustangs or Camaros or such, so I was thinking of going maybe on a lowerider type suspension with airbags so I could raise it up also to look like it is stock. Do I have to do any wheel well work or frame work to get it to lower nicely, I dont need the frame rubbing but a nice low stance would be very nice.

Does anyone know of companies out there that supply replacement panels and parts for the spurt furys? I know year one has C-body panels on their webstie but I could not find anything for a Sport Fury, any other companys out there that I should check with?

I haven't bought the car yet as I don't know if it is worth the $1200 to buy it then do a restoration on it, since I can't even insure it and drive it while I am doing some work that won't make it immobile.

Thanks for all the help
Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
tyrugh5v
AF Newbie

How many miles on that 383?
tyrugh5v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
aye jay
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to aye jay
Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury

im going to tell you now, u should most def. buy this car...i paid 1000 dollors for my 68 fury...inside all original leather, and all controls work...the motor and trans. came with the car i just had to site back in the car because they were making a race car but other than that its great.... i got the air suspension so i can raise it and lower whenever i want, its candy green with 22 inch rims!! u wont have to do nothing to the frame to lower, 22 inch rims fit right under and i can lower fram to the ground without any hitting!!! but its a great buy if u ask me!! as far as getting parts!! im not sure were u can get parts because i had a 65 fury 111 also, and most of the front end parts fits, just the tail lights and trunk was more differnt!!
aye jay is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury