Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
rotaryforce13b
AF Newbie

Another AC problem

Hey guys, This is my first post on the forum and before you guy start to flame me to do a search before I ask a question I just wanted to let you know that I did but my AC problem seams to be a little different than the ones that I read. OK, I have a 2002 E46 sport package with 95,000 miles on it. The AC blower blows fine but the drivers side (2) vents blow cool and the passenger side (2) vents blow hot. My car is not equipped with separate DS/PS air controls. I checked to see if the compressor is engaging and disengaging and it is. So I'm guessing that the refrigerant level is good (although I haven’t put a set of gauges on it yet). I had the AC controls replace under warranty quite a while back (maybe 2 years ago) because it was doing the no blowing air and when it did blow the blower speed had a mind of its own. Now, when I did a search everybody related most of the similar problems to the final stage resistor. Would this be the same problem with mine blowing hot on one side and cool on the other? Or could it be the heater valve? I have smelled coolant before while my wife backs out the driveway but i never could find a leak.

Last edited by rotaryforce13b; 05-19-2008 at 10:29 PM.
rotaryforce13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
rotaryforce13b
AF Newbie

Re: Another AC problem

Turns out that my car was a little low on refrigerant I put the gauges on it and put a can and a half in it. Somebody told me that the car was designed that way so when its low it will still keep the driver cool... that’s a pretty neat idea!
rotaryforce13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
wulam
AF Newbie

Re: Another AC problem

how low was the refrigerent. sounds like you got a leak. if you got or can obtain and ac machine try and perform a recovery and compare it to specs on the vehicle. the evap usually goes bad on these vehicles.
wulam is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series