Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 04:04 PM   #1
three_gunn
AF Newbie

i am the first to post in the Kia section!! wOohOo!...acutally...i dont know if i should be proud that i own a Kia..hehe...well yeah i am...okay its like this...i love my Kia because of the gas mileage and reliability...yup thats right...its very reliable....ive heard the stories that other kia owners have about how their kia keeps breakin down on them...im just wondering how hard these guys are driving them...i have my kia for transportation and transportaion only...which is also temporary until i finally finish school...ive already had my share of sports cars and with that mentioned...ill tell anyone thats interested a story =)

ive changed my driving habits throughout my 10 years of driving...
see when i was 15 i got to have my step dads classic rebuilt, well maintained, 1979 BMW 320i...2.0L...he had the gearbox customized and he also did something to max out the tourque...enough to take out a civic(of back then)off the line...it was my "ticket" to many tickets in my early years of driving..hehe...put it this way in my first 2 years of driving...i already had 4 points against me...but i wasnt finished...oh no...by the time i was 18 i had saved up enough to get a '94 civic (one of the first to get the silver-purple color)...this would be my "nail in the coffin" for driving sports cars...did the typical "asian" thing...then got into two accidents...one was my fault..the other wasnt...but it was still a "red flag" and was enough to finally get me kicked out of my parents insurance policy...so by the time i was 19...my license was revoked...during the next 3 years i was constantly trying to find ways of getting around...and i do admit..sometimes illegally...so the point of my long boring story?..heheh...i had settled for a used '94 Kia Sephia...it was already 6 or 7 years old but i got it from a dealer for a haggled price of $4000.00...they had taken care of it and i must say that it was one of the smartest investment i had ever made...money was really tight at the time too cause i was paying off a lot of fines..tickets...HIGH expensive insurance costs...*yes..i was very independent during my teen years*...my parents wanted me to learn the lesson i had created...and for that i thank them...im very happy with my Kia...its not sporty..its not too quick...(good enough though at times to temporarily bring me back down memory lane hehe)...its nice sexy looking with curves galore..but you know what..its getting me where i want to go...and i can always count on it *knock on wood* and especially now with our insane gas prices...im livin' it up with 36-40 miles per gallon. =)

your happy Sephia owner,
3G
:sun:
three_gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 12:32 PM   #2
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
Yo!

Yay! It's 3G!! My forum buddy! Welcome to AF, man! Hey you should make your formal introduction in the 'Intro' section. That can be found in the AF in Genral section. Hope you have fun here, 'cuz I know I am. We just need some more enthusiastic, active members. This place is still young, so all it needs is time.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:26 AM   #3
SuperchargedRex
AF Newbie

Howdy guys!

I have the Kia as my commuter car, keep my RX-7 for weekends. Four doors, seats 5, auto tranny and air conditioning, 30mpg all for $11k. Can't beat it.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:48 PM   #4
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Ohhhh.

Actually this is 2001, you CAN beat that.
Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:29 PM   #5
accordGirL91
AF Enthusiast

I have a 97 Kia Sephia RS with the 1.8L 5 speed, not that slow at all, really impressed me for a Kia. Its a great car seems to be very reliable. THats surprizing. Its a driven hard car too . only thing that has been replace on the car is a tranny. (dont let friends barrow cars that always seems to be a problem) ITs got a little 50 shot of NOS on it and does a 1/4 mile in 14.8 seconds, stock it does it in 16.0 not bad. Even beats my 91 accord with some mods which is sad. Glad to see other happy Kia owners. The only thing that sucks about Kia is there safety on there seatbelts. As Honda will replace and install them free Kia will make you pay!
accordGirL91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #6
95altygxe
AF Newbie

kias suck! u should have got a used honda or nissan, just something besides a damb kia! :flamer: kia:rocket:
Old 03-08-2002, 01:40 AM   #7
ninjafu
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ninjafu Send a message via Yahoo to ninjafu
I have a 96 Sephia RS. Its a 1.8 liter DOHC. I have CAI, and then my exhaust all redone..from header on, 50shot, and preformance cams from a miata. I'm still working on it, however i run about 14.3. The optima is going to kick, have you all checked its stats? BTW im looking for turbocharger...do you know anything that would fit?

-- tak
ninjafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 11:31 AM   #8
Cmotif
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Seems like all the KIA owners like their cars who have posted here. I like my new Spectra GS hatchback, (Which replaced the Sephia).

Those that don't like them, haven't personally owned them. Hmmmm.

Have any of you taken your cars to shows? There is a guy on e-bay that sell some trick parts for Sephias that are made for car shows.

Cmotif <><
Old 06-18-2003, 04:29 AM   #9
edonis
AF Enthusiast

I didn't personally own one, but I've had one for 3 months during a summer, as well as I've sat in hundreds of Kia taxi's (in Korea) I would never call them great cars, neither exciting, nor good looking. They're just OK, actually, maybe not that, even, cause they are sooo boring, and the interior is really tacky with all the cheap materials and etc. I can't get my self to raise any feelings for these Kias. However, that said, I also have to make it clear they are excellent cars for those who just need a car to get them from A to B. They're cheap, and don't use much fuel. But for those of us who want to fall in love with our car, Kia isn't the choice for most of us.
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:59 PM   #10
trvlngcow
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to trvlngcow
I had a '96 LS (1.8L MTX) untill this March. I had 93,000 miles on it and it still ran very well. The maintinance was just starting to cost too much so I got another dodge Neon.

After replacing all the exhaust with 2 1/4" and making a CAI, it had a crap load of power compared to stock.
trvlngcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:27 AM   #11
305HoTTiE
AF Newbie

Re: HA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95altygxe
kias suck! u should have got a used honda or nissan, just something besides a damb kia! :flamer: kia:rocket:
If u hate Kiaz so much y r u posting in the kia section?? go back to ur car section where u belong
305HoTTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #12
brutass
AF Newbie

My wife drives our 99 Kia sephia as her primary car. She loves it although there have been a few problems. The OEM brake rotors warped but were replaced under warranty...twice. I had to realign the brushes on her climate contol blower motor but that wasn't too bad. Don't change the alternator yourself unless you're prepared to lift the car and drop the front end assembly to get it out..tough lesson. Let a garage do it.

But, its a fast little ride and with a sun roof, spoiler and a good looking interior. I guess you could say that its been worth its price. Its got 105,000 on it now and still runs great. The starter drags a bit even with a new battery.
brutass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia