Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #76
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Re: Aprilia RS Cube '04 1/12 scratchbuild

The corners needs putty

I will cut for the red line

Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #77
denman2
AF Regular

I'm just speechless. This is awesome.
I can't wait to see the result.
Do you use parts of a modelkit or do you make all parts by youself?

Very nice.
Denman
Old 06-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #78
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman2
I'm just speechless. This is awesome.
I can't wait to see the result.
Do you use parts of a modelkit or do you make all parts by youself?

Very nice.
Denman
Thanks Denman, most of the parts of the engine are made by my using styrene or wood and putty, the block engine is a modified copy of the Yamaha M1 adapted to the 3 in-line. Most of the other parts like the seat cowl or the side cowls are a copy in resin of the oringinal piece (modified or not modified) in the case of the seat cowl there are three versions to come to the final version. Why this method ? because the plastic do not support a lot of putty how i used for example in the seat cowl so the resin is better to work it is more easy to give the shape and sometimes there is a lot of putty that don't have solution polishing so is better do a copy to work better

Bye

Roca

ps:
Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 AM   #79
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Roca,

you are absolutely crazy in a positive sense .

I donīt think I would be able to stick to such an enormous project. Go on like that, fantastic work
Old 06-19-2006, 04:28 AM   #80
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Working on the engine...

Well.. i think that the frame is for the good way i have the main shape so i can make the triangles angles with evergreen sheet
Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #81
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

This forum is dead... I am not going to lose any more time posting photos here after work with this hard project not to obtain no response... From now if you want to see updates check out my website.

I don't know when i will come back or if i will come back again...

Thank's for follow my threads

Roca.

PS: I'm sorry but after a lot of work and not to find opinions here i have lost my interest to post updates.I don't know if it will be the only forum that i leave I hope that you can understand me
Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #82
utzelu
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca46
This forum is dead... I am not going to lose any more time posting photos here after work with this hard project not to obtain no response... From now if you want to see updates check out my website.

I don't know when i will come back or if i will come back again...

Thank's for follow my threads

Roca.

PS: I'm sorry but after a lot of work and not to find opinions here i have lost my interest to post updates.I don't know if it will be the only forum that i leave I hope that you can understand me
Hi Roca,

Don't worry, I'm sure people are following your thread with much interest (I know I do). But since you're doing a scratchbuilt, not many of us can issue a pertinent opinion, other that words of appreciation and amazment. It will be a bit boring that after every post of yours all we'll say it will be just: "Wow", "amazing", "excellent" etc. You know we admire your work.

We're waiting to see some more progress of your build. I will have some more questions later, regarding the resin casting.

Regards,
Dan
utzelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #83
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Hey Roca,

Don't give it up now. I realize your feelings and know you have put a great deal of effort into this. I definitely want to see the continuation of the Cube project. I have been following it from the beginning with great interest and I'm sure there are many others who want to see it through to the end.

I think one of the reasons you don't get allot of questions regarding the project is that your pictures and explanations are so good, they pretty much cover all the bases. The project also exceeds the normal builds you see, so most modelers are not familiar with the processes you are doing. I mean, this is the first scratchbuild of a complete bike I have seen outside of Japan.

I have many questions in store for you when you start on the decals and other areas, but I didn't want to jump ahead.

I hope to see you continue, but will follow where ever you go.

Dave

I noticed your site has been under construction for a while, when will it be up again ?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #84
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Hi guys... yes.. maybe you have reason this type of scratchbuild are not typical of this boards... so maybe the people prefers not reply if he don't know the parts etc...

Well... next update will be big... i will assemble different parts and i think you will start to see a bike i hope...

Bye
Roca.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #85
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

Honestly, Roca, I guess auto modelers like me isn't used yet to check the bike section: it could be the second/3rd time I check it from the change. And you know, the bike community here isn't wide as other kind. Isn't strange you've less feedback, despite that I don't hate the cange in fact.

I can't see other reasons: your job is outstanding and hard like ever.

well waiting to taste this big update
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #86
bigfrit
AF Enthusiast

I haven't really responded to this thread because I m not a master in motogp bikes, I don't know exactly how things fit together and stuff.

But I can say I m in awe everytime you post an update, so please don't stop...

I think people who look are always very impressed and very interested in seeing how this thing comes to life!

Give us the BIG update!

Oli
bigfrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #87
slightfan
AF Regular

Don't give up on here Roca ,It's always good to see your updates.
as everyone else is saying your build of the cube is uniquie to this forum outside of japan your pic's explain them selves, and most times I uaually forget to log in to AF as it just before I go to work so keep it coming
Shayne
slightfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #88
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Yes, I'm with the others as well. I think I have four or more posts in this thread already, and we have a long way left to go :-) I am like you and every time I do post something new to a thread I log on to the different forums several times a day to check if anyone posted a comment, most of the time there is our usual crew posting when it comes to bikes (and I say that in a positive sence as you are great guys!!) so you don't get the 15 pages threads very often. But I think you're very close to get one of those Roca.

I understand that you don't get a lot of answers on the scratch building issue though as the bikes aren't common to alter in a way that you do. I should keep posting your progress here but direct the styrene/resin questions in the top modeling forum as you will be read way much more.

So my conclusion here is, you're way ahead of most of us and the bikes haven't got the space they deserve after the forum change, BUT don't stop posting. We are few but we're REALLY interested.

A tip that could come in handy is that most forums uses the same standard for posting images. I mostly post in several forums and it is easy to just copy and paste the lines you have written in one reply window and past it into another. Then it isn't too much trouble multi posting and you'll get more widely spread with your work.

keep it up.
Joel
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #89
islero666
AF Newbie

Roca,

I agree with all of the other replies telling you not to feel discouraged for the lack of responses. It may be lack of responses but by no means it means lack of interest. This is my first ever post in any modelling forum and I am posting it mainly to say that you are an inspiration to all newcomers to the hobby. I am very new at this, but even so I come in almost everyday to follow up on your threads and those of others. It woul be a real shame if you stopped sharing your knowledge and skills with the rest of us, both experts and novices.
As another fellow modeller mentioned, some of us are so new at this that there is very little we can comment except how much we admire works like yours (and this would only build up your ego, )
Someone with the dedication and patience like you should not be discouraged so easily.

He visto tu trabajo y muchas veces reviso tu pagina para ver si ya funciona. Soy un diseņador grafico que apenas empieza en esto y solamente viendo tu trabajo he aprendido mucho y mas aun, me ha inspirado a seguir, sabiendo que se pueden hacer cosas como lo que haces tu y otros expertos como robrex. Es verdaderamente admirable.

Te repito, la falta de respuestas no significa falta de interes, no te desanimes.
islero666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #90
Cold_Fire
Vendor

The problem with scracht is that it usually grows up slowly. It's not the typical situation "oh, nice finished bike. How did you paint that? What color did you use?"

Sometimes there is nothing interesting to ask, I usually prefer just getting astonished looking at your work.

C'mon, this thread has more than 6.600 views

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes