Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 01:16 AM   #46
MARKUSIUDIUS
AF Enthusiast

Quarter Times in Oz.

The standard current model (01)WRX runs on average the 15sec barrier and the model before it (00) around mid 14 secs.
The (01) STI runs high 13 secs. So a good driver in a 14.2 car which can go quicker, could eat up an STI.
Maybe not the (02) model but who knows how fast they really are compared to what suby tells us, we in have not tested them yet.

The only thing better then a Honda is the one I havent been in.
MARKUSIUDIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:45 AM   #47
Neulude
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by buck19
you guys are so full of crap. no way in hell can you do a 15.1 in a stock prelude. the 15.9 is right. thats what i run in my '91 b21a1 and i beat vtec 5gens. a 15.1 is a b16a in a fully gutted civic hatch with just a dash and 2 front seats. i jus joined a board full of rice.

oh i run 15.9 @ 85 mph before weight reduction. still room to improvement on excelleration. i have exhaust, plug wires, strut bar, ludespeed intake. and now about 100lbs worth of weigh reduction.
:finger: Hey dumbass...15.1 as tested STOCK on a 5spd 5th gen. Before you go firing off your MOUTH BOY, get the facts straight.

PLUS the lude is 3100 lbs+... Figure that one out, or is it too hard for youto do you dumbass?
Neulude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:54 PM   #48
big blue h22
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to big blue h22
Quote:
you guys are so full of crap. no way in hell can you do a 15.1 in a stock prelude. the 15.9 is right. thats what i run in my '91 b21a1 and i beat vtec 5gens. a 15.1 is a b16a in a fully gutted civic hatch with just a dash and 2 front seats. i jus joined a board full of rice.

oh i run 15.9 @ 85 mph before weight reduction. still room to improvement on excelleration. i have exhaust, plug wires, strut bar, ludespeed intake. and now about 100lbs worth of weigh reduction.
very possible, i got a friend with a 5th gen stick with intake only and he runs 14.9 every now and then w/a good launch
*2001 Electron Blue Prelude*2.2L Vtec 5-speed*Nokya Plasma Blues*Clear side markers*White face indiglo gauges*Gen 3 Altezza Euro taillights*AEM cold air intake*Apexi Dunk cat-back exhaust*DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic headers*Ground Control coilovers*DC Sports short shifter*Carbon Fiber Interior Dash Kit*Black Widow Front bumper*Dragon Z Back bumper & side skirts*Z3 fenders*Single-deck aluminum GT spoiler*12" Square Solo-baric L7 subwoofer*Rockfard Fosgate Punch 360 amplifier*R1 chameleon a/f & H2O temp. gauge*MOMO pedals, knob, brake handle*Apexi Vtec Controller*Venom Fuel Rail*Venom Fang Cam Gears*17" White G-racing Kyoto rims w/215/40 Falken tires*

AOL screen name = Big Blue H22
Blacktruckboy

email = jaytrox@hotmail.com
big blue h22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 04:07 PM   #49
mhx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mhx
dang my civic ran 16.7 stock. ;\
Old 02-13-2002, 02:00 AM   #50
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

My stock '99 SH

1/4 mi in 14.9 @ 92mph easily with my stock '99 (manual) with only an intake system. However, getting rid of it in August for my new 350Z. Order has been taken!!!
pw_350Z_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:02 AM   #51
Jacques
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jacques Send a message via Yahoo to Jacques
I posted his timeslip earlier in this thread, but "ed-camden" at my board has ran consistently between 14.5-14.8 (in Pirelli street tires) with the mods below:
*AEM CAI
*AEM Tru-Power pulleys
*Mugen exhaust
*Mugen headers
*Apexi VAFC
*OEM body kit
*Pure short shift adapter

His best is 14.439@97.36

He's running again in Steele, AL this weekend with a number of Maxima guys. He's shooting for lower 14s.
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH: Mugen and other goodies...#77 STX
My Prelude setup

PreludeOnline.com moderator
Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:40 PM   #52
cybercrx00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cybercrx00 Send a message via Yahoo to cybercrx00
you must be looking at the wrong WRX's.....we have a '01 that pulled a 12.3, lightly modded, last season, and has new equipment this year and should run 11's.....we have another WRX wagon that is mid 13's.....and that is at 3000 ft elevation.

The real reason I am posting is to see what rpm's you guys are dumping at and and when you are shifting. Given that elevation is a bit hi at our track...I'm not sure if sea level advice will help, but normally I launch around 6500 and shift right before 8k.....BTW this is in a 2000 prelude SH.....also what 0-60 ft times should be expected
cybercrx00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 03:43 AM   #53
MARKUSIUDIUS
AF Enthusiast

Read properly

To above

If you looked before you spoke you would notice that we are talking about standard Wrx's and a standard Sti. So a standard current 2002 wrx will only run high 14s and the Sti is lucky to crack 14 down the quarter. These are both running on 98ron fuel at 500ft above sea level in Australia. Yes they are fast with mods but there is no way that you have a wrx capable of 11s unless it had some happy gas and alot of cash under the hood but from the sound of you I dont think so. So up yours
Old 03-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #54
cybercrx00
AF Enthusiast

Not me, I didn't say I had a WRX, I we here in town have a WRX that was running 12.3 last season, and should be getting 11's this season. If I remember correctly he had upgraded turbo, MBC intake exhaust and downpipe, and a lightened flywheel and stronger clutch. That probably not even $4k in mods, now he's got a computer bigger turbo and fuel injectors, I'm pretty sure that is his mods. Even then, a 12.3 at 3500ft altitude is easy 11's at sea level. At the time, he was the fastest 1/4 in the new WRX's.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:50 AM   #55
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

Quote:

You stupid idiot! Don't argue about something you don't have. Have you tested a 5th Gen Lude yourself? No? Then shut up! Magazines have listed the times of 15.2 - 15.4, but many owners could easily better those. I, personally, had run 14.9 at the track on a great day (about 70 degrees F) and with only an intake system in place. So shut up! Stop arguing about something you don't have nor haven't experienced for yourself. For instance, I can't argue with you about your mom being a whore, can I? No, because I don't know her.
15.9 is mostly for automatics, or incompetent drivers with manual, or in some bad conditions. In a good or fair condition, a 5th gen Prelude with a manual can easily run in low 15's or even better with a good driver. I don't care what your stupid '91 or hatchback runs, those times listed by other owners are pretty much correct: anywhere from high 14's to low 15's for a manual; high 15's to lower 16's for auto. GET IT??? :aug2:
pw_350Z_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:51 PM   #56
fierce
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fierce
Quote:
Originally posted by pw_350Z_baby

You stupid idiot! Don't argue about something you don't have. Have you tested a 5th Gen Lude yourself? No? Then shut up! Magazines have listed the times of 15.2 - 15.4, but many owners could easily better those. I, personally, had run 14.9 at the track on a great day (about 70 degrees F) and with only an intake system in place. So shut up! Stop arguing about something you don't have nor haven't experienced for yourself. For instance, I can't argue with you about your mom being a whore, can I? No, because I don't know her.
15.9 is mostly for automatics, or incompetent drivers with manual, or in some bad conditions. In a good or fair condition, a 5th gen Prelude with a manual can easily run in low 15's or even better with a good driver. I don't care what your stupid '91 or hatchback runs, those times listed by other owners are pretty much correct: anywhere from high 14's to low 15's for a manual; high 15's to lower 16's for auto. GET IT??? :aug2:

that put a smile on my face :frog:
PIAA Super Plasma's
Clear Sidemarkers and Turn Signals
Beltronics Radar
Red Calipers
fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:55 PM   #57
del
móddə rąytər

Be nice now!:bandit:
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:00 PM   #58
Me I aM cOoL
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Me I aM cOoL
WHAT THE HELL!?!?

I ran a 16.332 @85.18 MPH on a cold night in AL (the most humid state in the world). That was with a 2.520 60' (my worst 60' all night) That run was in my 93 Prelude Si automatic with 17" Tantrums, intake, exhaust, and street tires. I sold that car though. I now have a '97 SS. I haven't ran or modded it yet so no times on the new ride. I can't believe how much difference temperature makes in times and trap speeds. I was thinking that the new car would run about 15.5-15.8. Not sure though and there's only one way to find out. new times soon coming.

Alan

AOL IS THE DEVIL!!
Me I aM cOoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #59
Jacques
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jacques Send a message via Yahoo to Jacques
Re: WHAT THE HELL!?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Me I aM cOoL
I ran a 16.332 @85.18 MPH on a cold night in AL (the most humid state in the world). That was with a 2.520 60' (my worst 60' all night) That run was in my 93 Prelude Si automatic with 17" Tantrums, intake, exhaust, and street tires. I sold that car though. I now have a '97 SS. I haven't ran or modded it yet so no times on the new ride. I can't believe how much difference temperature makes in times and trap speeds. I was thinking that the new car would run about 15.5-15.8. Not sure though and there's only one way to find out. new times soon coming.

Alan
If you saw my post above on Ed's times in his Prelude, it was done at Steele, AL. Of course, that night, it was around 40 degrees or so.
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH: Mugen and other goodies...#77 STX
My Prelude setup

PreludeOnline.com moderator
Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 05:37 AM   #60
cybercrx00
AF Enthusiast

Well, I finally got out and ran my stock 2000 SH, and I guess I did alright. My best time was 16.111@86.7 with 2.38 0-60 ft. with altitude correction, that is a 15.54@89.62, which sounds about the right area for a stock prelude with a fatass driving....hehehe.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude