Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 240
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
UnwantedAnt
AF Newbie

87 240 dl problem no start

Hi all. I have a serious problem w/ my 87 240dl volvo wagon. It ran fine for about 4-5 years and ran fine before i got it too. (4-5 years ago)

But last week i was driving and all of a sudden my car turned off and i couldnt start it. So i pulled in to a parking lot and i still couldnt start it. After 15-20 mins i tried again and it started. I drove home and the next day i drove around w/ it working fine. Now monday i went to work and my car died on the way. I could not start it back up. I thought i may have had low fuel because i didnt have enough time to get some before work. I filled it up w/ 2 liters of gas and tried to start it. No luck. So my dad's been looking at it and we thought it was 3 different things. One we thought it was the distributer button gone bad. Replaced that and no luck. Two we thought it was the box beside the right wheel. (forgot what its called) and Three we thought it could be the fuel pump.

We noticed that the problem we have is that we dont get any fire. Therefor it cant start. We also looked to see if any wires were touching to see if power was shorting out somewhere.

Please someone help me!!
UnwantedAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: 87 240 dl problem no start

The coil could be going bad.
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
captviper
AF Newbie

Check the 25 amp fuse in the engine compartment - they are know to be prone to corrosion. Pull the fuse and clean should do the trick.
captviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Switch351
AF Newbie

That is a very common problem among all volvos of that era. There are many things that can cause and sometimes there really isn't an explination. It's jus a problem with the 240s from that era.
Switch351 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > 240