Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
REGGIECMANAGEMENT
AF Newbie

Are 9-5 1999's Good Cars

I Am Looking At A 1999 Saab Aero With 70000 On It I Wonderd If They Are Good Cars And I Should Buy It.
REGGIECMANAGEMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
edonis
AF Enthusiast

Re: Are 9-5 1999's Good Cars

Yes, they are very good cars. Just ask if there is anything you are wondering about 9-5
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
REGGIECMANAGEMENT
AF Newbie

Could You Tell Me Anything That Should Intrest Me About Them Are Parts Badly Priced Are They Reliable. Anything Would Be Helpful This Is At The Lead Of The Cars I Want To Buy I Would Like An Aero But Would Settle For Any 4 Cylinder Any Expertise Would Be Greatly Appreciated
REGGIECMANAGEMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
edonis
AF Enthusiast

For starters, the Aero is a four cylinder. In fact, all but the 2,3 and the 3,0TiD are four cylinder engines (the two mentioned are V6's). I don't know what the prices are for parts where you live, so I won't comment on that. 1999 Saab 9-5's are more reliable than many of its competitors, and I haven't for one heard of any large reability problems. Saab 9-5 is furthermore rated 40% safer than the average car, and has a 5 star (maximum) Ncap rating. If there is anything in particular you are wondering about, just ask
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #5
SaabJohan
AF Enthusiast

Saab had two engines that was not inline 4:s, they were an assymetric turbocharged V6 and a diesel V6, both were 3 litres. The gasoline V6 engine was based on an engine from Opel and was later replaced by an inline 4.

From 2001 the 2.3 litre inline fours are all identical when it comes to the hardware except the turbochargers so they are easy to upgrade to an Aero (the Aero has however bigger brakes, a better clutch, the sport chassi kit and some spoilers). There is also a 2.0 litre inline four, this engine was however not sold on all markets, Saab has also a tuning kit for this engine that increases the output from 150 hp to 192 hp.
SaabJohan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-5