Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 12:42 PM   #31
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
Quote:
Originally posted by supafly1024

Yeah, it make take a little while to ship the parts but I think that it would be well worth it when you consider the price difference. If you want to know more about the VAFC click on this link http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocu...onics_vafc.pdf that should tell you some more about it. As far as what I've done to my car...well as far as performance goes I've put an intake, header, and exhaust on it.
A german ITR driver wrote me today and he told me I should get a "Power FC" or a "Haltech ECU" in combination with AEMīs adjustable cam gears instead of the VAFC but I couldnīt find these two products anywhere yet! (didnīt had much time, too) Does anybody know these products?
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #32
drift
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to drift
Quote:
Originally posted by Veetec
A german ITR driver wrote me today and he told me I should get a "Power FC" or a "Haltech ECU" in combination with AEMīs adjustable cam gears instead of the VAFC but I couldnīt find these two products anywhere yet! (didnīt had much time, too) Does anybody know these products?
A'pexi doesnt make a Power FC with baseline software for the H22A. you COULD use a GSR type PowerFC to get your baseline settings and then tune everything on the dyno.
drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:03 PM   #33
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

yeah, definitely get a cold intake and a vafc. those 2 really helped out my acceleration. i ride a ss too, so has kinda whimpy low-end torque. but with the fuel leaned -5% or little more, the motor can wind up much faster than stock. get wheel spin even with sp8000's.
1998 Prelude SS - TEIN HA with upper pillows, SSR Integrals 17x7 with SP8000 (215/45), GReddy Evo catback, Iceman Comp Intake, DC Sports header, Apexi VAFC, ZEX 55 shot with bottle heater, NOS blanket, Factory Body Kit, Spoon F/R tower bars, JDM Foglamps, Carbon Fiber trim, Razo pedals &knobs, Fiamm Dual air horn

Future Mods: Lighten car, 2nd 10lbs nitrous bottle would be nice too.

2001 G20 P11 AT- TEIN NA, TRM Snipers 17x7 with Potenza RE910 (215/45), Arospeed Dual-outlet Muffler, K&N Drop-in Airfilter, WW Front Lip, Nakamichi MB75 1DIN 6CD Changer/Receiver, FIAMM Dual Air horns, Levoc Pedals, PIAA (H4 Superwhite H3 Ion Crystal, 168 SuperWhite)

2002 WRX MT- TEIN HA's with upper pillow mounts, 1000Miglia HT3 17x7 with sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17, painted side skirts, Cusco front & rear strut bar, Whiteline rear swaybar, aluminum endlinks, Blitz NUR Catback, HKS seq. BOV, factory front lip, rear valance, Kartboy short shifter and bushings.

Future mods: dressup wheels with Potenza S03 225/45/17 tires, TurboXS UTec, maybe an uppipe. by then, it'll be fast enough.
fiamm dual air horns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 07:24 AM   #34
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kenchan
yeah, definitely get a cold intake and a vafc. those 2 really helped out my acceleration. i ride a ss too, so has kinda whimpy low-end torque. but with the fuel leaned -5% or little more, the motor can wind up much faster than stock. get wheel spin even with sp8000's.
A SS???( ) Is it a Camaro or what? I donīt think you can compare a Lude and a Camaro engine with each other? Or what do you mean with "SS"?
I donīt have any money left anyways in the moment! But because of the good info which all of you gave me Iīve got an idea now what I can do in the future. Suspension and looks will be the first things Iīll take care about ( Koni yellows and Eibach springs arrived yesterday, Neuspeed strut tower bar and white turning lights are on the way! )
So thanx a lot for your help.....
Old 01-26-2002, 01:43 PM   #35
buh_buh
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to buh_buh
Quote:
A SS???( ) Is it a Camaro or what? I donīt think you can compare a Lude and a Camaro engine with each other? Or what do you mean with "SS"?
SS stands for Sport Shift
buh_buh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 09:41 PM   #36
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by buh_buh

SS stands for Sport Shift
Oh. sorry! My fault!So in other words it has got an auto tranny??
Old 01-26-2002, 09:44 PM   #37
buh_buh
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to buh_buh
Quote:
So in other words it has got an auto tranny??
yeap
AF Nordic Crew #3
buh_buh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:04 PM   #38
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kenchan
get wheel spin even with sp8000's.
Iīd bet that my wheels are spininng even more!! (especially when itīs wet) The stock tires are really crappy!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:53 AM   #39
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

I get wheel spin on my Falken Ziex tires, with my SS transmission.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #40
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I get wheel spin on my Falken Ziex tires, with my SS transmission.
I even had wheel spin with my first Honda, an 1.5l SOHC non-VTEC Civic with 90hp!
One question to the SS owners: Why have you bought the Lude with the SS?? I mean, it accelerates about two seconds slower from 0-60mp/h than the one with the manual tranny! And then you spent a lot of money on aftermarket parts to make is as fast as the one with the manual tranny. Donīt get me wrong! Itīs your car and if you like it like that then everything is fine! Iīm just curious....
Old 01-28-2002, 12:33 PM   #41
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I even had wheel spin with my first Honda, an 1.5l SOHC non-VTEC Civic with 90hp!
One question to the SS owners: Why have you bought the Lude with the SS?? I mean, it accelerates about two seconds slower from 0-60mp/h than the one with the manual tranny! And then you spent a lot of money on aftermarket parts to make is as fast as the one with the manual tranny. Donīt get me wrong! Itīs your car and if you like it like that then everything is fine! Iīm just curious....
Reason A) I got a good deal on my SS Lude
Reason B) It's still faster than a Civic, which is what I used to have
Reason C) Sometimes having to shift gears all the time gets old, with the SS transmission if you want to shift you can, but if you want to let the car do the work you can do that also.
Reason D) I don't have to shell out any money because of a clutch going bad.

I like the Prelude, that's why I bought one, I didn't buy it to drag race or anything like that, it's a daily driver so the SS tranny is fine with me, at least it's a little better than a regular automatic.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:24 PM   #42
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:

Reason A) I got a good deal on my SS Lude
Reason B) It's still faster than a Civic, which is what I used to have
Reason C) Sometimes having to shift gears all the time gets old, with the SS transmission if you want to shift you can, but if you want to let the car do the work you can do that also.
Reason D) I don't have to shell out any money because of a clutch going bad.

I like the Prelude, that's why I bought one, I didn't buy it to drag race or anything like that, it's a daily driver so the SS tranny is fine with me, at least it's a little better than a regular automatic.
Okay. Thanx for your honest answer!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #43
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I forgot to write that this Civic was also an automatic one!
Old 01-28-2002, 02:04 PM   #44
supafly1024
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Okay. Thanx for your honest answer!
No prob.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:37 PM   #45
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
note from the first page of posts...
the 4th gen did not have a b20. that was the 88-91 prelude.

a good way to get the down low hp is with some cam gears, b/c you dont necessarily need hp, you need tq to get you movin...

also note... the 2.65hp increase that header gives is the average, and there are points along the powerband where you can find spikes that are pretty high... a header does give noticeable power that is definitely worth it...

the vtec crossover moving type devices, vafc, or the jr piece, are both nice in that they move your aggressive cam lobes into a more usable range... the jackson piece is even good to switch over at 2500 rpm... the major factor is that the product you use has the ecu switching to the vtec lobe, so it adds on the timing and fuel curves for the vtec lobe... some just switch the vtec solenoid, but dont add the fuel maps...

and the crossover point is a personal preference really, but 3500 would most likely be ideal, depending on what rpm you cruise at most, b/c if you cruise under that, it wont take long to get into the vtec craziness...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude