Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #16
Jedi801
AF Regular

Re: 2011 flying lizard porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Jedi - I have a set of the Patto's Place decals and the quality is good, but mine were damaged in the shipping - they were stuck together and the decal tore when I tried to separate the two sheets (#80 & # 81) - I contacted Patto about it and he said he will send replacement decals free of charge, but I am waiting to get the Carrera GT3 RSR slot body so I can check for fitment before I have him send another set. Patto said he could adjust the size of the decal to fit if I know how much. Pattos' decals are very nice in my opinion and he offers excellent service - I am still awaiting the decals from Frank at decal.doc - they only just shipped. It would be nice if Profil24 would sell the decals, but then they wouldn't sell the resin kits - they're very expensive. I figure between the Patto's decals and the decaldoc decals I will get it to work just fine. I believe "Sam01Contact" said he emailed Matt at SMS to see if they were going to do Flying Lizard also.
Can you confirm that they are full body decals as in this image? If so I think I will look elsewhere as I want to paint the body.

'04 VW R32T
Jedi801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #17
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Hey Nick - yes the Patto's Place decals are the full body decals - I bought them because at the time I could only find him willing to do the decals for the Flying Lizard team and as you know Profil24 will not sell them separately. I'm not disappointed in the decals from Patto and as I've stated the quality is good - I'm just not sure of the fit on the body - one thing though - Patto makes his decals for slot cars so there is a good possibility that they will fit very well. I'm going to email Patto and ask him exactly what he used to design the fit for. Also as I mentioned I bought 2 sets of #80 and #81 from Frank at decaldoc. I won't receive those I don't think until after the new years. I also managed to get 2 Carrera GT3R RSR slot car bodies from a seller in Germany for about $80.00 including the shipping. When I get it all together I'll post on the forum what in my opinion is the best way to go for those wanting to do the Flying Lizard cars. - I also have the ST27 "red" Flying Lizard decals and I'm going to use them on a Tamiya Porsche GT2 kit - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #18
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Nick - if you're going to paint the cars - what paint are you going to use?? do you have a particular color in mind and a supplier? Let us on the forum know what you figure out. I'm considering painting the cars too, but I'm not sure of the color match and how well it works with Decaldoc's decals. I like the "Zero" paints and it would be great if Hiroboy did the paints for those cars? maybe they will - John
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #19
Duncan1098
AF Regular

Steve at Hiroboy is making me up some paints for the Profile24 cars, so should have the colours. Profile24 give two of the codes for the Zero paint but not for the darker blue.
Duncan1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
jlrobe
AF Newbie

jlrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #21
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

For what Flying Lizard calls “deep ocean blue” (the rear area) I tested the Tamiya TS-53 (deep metallic blue) which seems a close match.

For the “candy metallic orange” Profil24 gives two Zero Paint codes: ZP-4000 (metallic silver base) + ZP-4005 (candy liquid bronze).
Can be seen on their website http://www.profil24-models.com/engli...nvenue_uk.html the bronze doesn’t match the orange decals on the rear wing and panel. I accidentally found that the arancio borealis pearl orange metallic (Zero Paint Lamborghini ZP1020) is a closer match.

Robi
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #22
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

why not simply give a phone call to the real racing team using this car? When I build models for real teams I find everytime a great cooperation and help (last call I did was to BMS scuderia italia, too kndly guys and engeneers,the same for AF Corse, Jas Motorsport,BMW.The only real unkindly dept is only Ferrari staff....).
All these racing teams are quite small and very passionate enthusiast guys at first.many of theme are also modellers or collectors.
Dunno if the email works well as well.I've tried to contact Jurgen Altzen Motorsport gmbh but they didnt answer.I know for theme the pc is still a black beast.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #23
John18d
AF Enthusiast

jlrobe - thanks for the pictures - John
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #24
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Thanks too Robi J - for the paint information - John
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #25
sam01contact
AF Enthusiast

OK, here we go!

The fujimi chassis parts need some adjustments to fit the Carrera body, specially in the front section. You need to convert this:

To this:

The adjusted parts will fit like this in the Carrera body:

As you can see, thereīs a gap between the chassis and the body in the front section. I did this to have enough room to move the pieces when I place the finished body in the chassis at the end of the build. When the diffusers get installed, this gap will be hidden:

Let me show you the cuts I made to the original parts to make them fit properly. Circled in red, are the sections I sanded or cut:

As you can see in the next 2 photos, the Carrera body have 4 posts to screw the slot racing chassis. Instead of eliminating this posts, I will keep them and find 2mm wide screws to attach the fujimi chassis and get a better and tighter fit at the end:

Thatīs it for the moment! The hardest part is done. Next time, Iīll show you the modifications of the diffusers. Thanks for watching!
sam01contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #26
John18d
AF Enthusiast

sam01contact - you are doing great - I was able to get two Carrera GT3 RSR bodies from Germany for $80 shipped - I don't suppose you want to make a paper template outlining the belly pan modifications and diffuser and post them to the internet in a PDF 1:1 scale? I am going to do both cars when I receive my Carrera bodies and decals from Frank. Keep up with all the posting and pictures for the modifications - many of us will appreciate it - John
Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #27
al016223
AF Newbie

The photos of the orange car, can you see, is different in the rear to the model of Carrera. Itīs similar to the Fujimi model.
Las tomas de aire encima del motor son como las de Fujimi, no como las de Carrera.
al016223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #28
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Just received my decals from Frank at "decaldoc" in Germany - these look fantastic - in my opinion the best solution if you do not have the Profil24 decals. I do not have the Profil24 decals to compare with, but the decaldoc decals will work just fine if a builder is planning on painting the body like I do. Excellent decals quality and service from Frank in Germany - for those of you interested in the quality of the decals and the service from decaldoc.- John
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #29
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Very nice start Sam !

Are you going to install the Fujimi headlights and covers on the Carrera body...? The clear parts from the slot body is rather terrible...

Robi
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
Duncan1098
AF Regular

Steve at Hiroboy has done the paint for us, he was saying that the Profile24 zero paint codes were not very acurate.
Duncan1098 is offline   Reply With Quote