Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #136
PixxByTango
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Cayman Interseries | modern racers with historic liveries

I wanted to thank Sebastian for taking the time to contact me today so we could put this issue to rest hopefully.

I also would like to invite you all to our website that has an area dedicated specifically for the Cayman Interseries cars, their Drivers and fans. I think you would find in the near future there are many cars that run within the HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) series that you all collectively could build. I know many owners would graciously pay to have your talented skills to build models to represent their cars.

So... I Invite you to visit our website and share your talents and I have agreed that image usage with credit will be allowed to continue without future hinderance.

http://www.HSRforums.com

If you all would like... I will create a custom section just for Car Modeling of Historic and Vintage race cars.

Thank You All!
PixxByTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #137
PixxByTango
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66 View Post
Guys, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Ron Barnaba and the Cayman Interseries is my little project. I can't believe what a great job you guys are doing and I thank you. I have a question. When the cars are completed, do you judge the builds? If so I might have a crazy idea that I would like to talk to someone about.......

Keep up the great work!!!!

Ron Barnaba
Ron... that is a GREAT Idea! I can already see a competition for detail and such brewing!! I asked Sebastian to build me one of each cause you know I cannot pick a favorite!!

PixxByTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #138
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc
Re: Cayman Interseries | modern racers with historic liveries

Great job Seb, and thanks David... BTW... the dog....is he good?

Welcome aboard Ron,

this is another face that lurking around and searching desperately references most of us started to recognize , I'm curious of your idea too, I've another to add.... to put aside the Cayman the respective hystoric model: may be hard to do in the real life (if not at a Rennsport reunion there in USA... those guys looks have the power...) but not so hard in the "modeling dimension" : from my start I ever thougt cool have aside my Conniff's Cayman and the Psycho yellow/red Martini's 917K...

May be late for Frankfurt but not impossible.. what do you think guys?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #139
FraFi
AF Regular

Hi,

little progress on my TAG Heuer CAYMAN:
I set it lower and the trace widened, so that the wheels fit better.

Frank
FraFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 AM   #140
voyageur
AF Enthusiast

Hello Ron, welcome aboard our little group build. The whole thread started with one of our friends finding a picture of a MARTINI liveried Cayman on the web and a pile of unbuild Cayman kits nobody really knew what to do with. I guess this has taken a different route now. Oh well, I love challenges. Like I said earlier: I hope you guys are happy with what we do here. As this started out as a fun side-project for most of us we didn't really plan to go full detail with the models we build here.

Thank you very much for the support! We appreciate that and welcome all input, picture references and (most important of all) constructive critisicm.

What a pleasure to be a modeler these days :-)

Have a great day!
Sebastian

PS: Dirk, the interior of yours looks very promising. Frank, the widened track really adds to the appearance of the model. Great work!
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #141
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hello fellow modelers,

David A. Wilks from PixxByTango.com, has found several images on these pages that are his intellectual property. He rightfully claimed that the images "have been stolen" from his website, or in some cases from the Napleton Motorsports homepage. He came to AF, registered himself and posted the following message to all of us:

This evening I talked to him on the phone and asked him for an agreement concerning this WIP thread / group build and the pictures used herein. As we are using the pictures only as reference pictures for the models we currently build, he didn't see a problem that we actually use them here - as long as each and every picture lifted from his homepage PixxByTango.com is properly linked back to his page and the due credit is given to the artist. I apologized in the name of all group build participants. Guys, please give credit to the artist where credit is due and link back to his homepage. This also applies to pictures where other people have copyrights. I strongly encourage you to keep this thread clean to avoid further copyright infringement claims.

David is going to support our group build because he really likes what we are doing here. He told me that all the Cayman Interseries drivers are his friends - and as you can see some of them registered themselves here on AF. I think this is an honour... but it also puts some pressure on the builders to raise the level a bit higher. How often does it happen that the actual race drivers participate in a WIP thread of their own racecars being build in scale? Has it ever happened before?

Gentlemen: welcome to AF and the Cayman Interseries group build. I hope you will not be disappointed with what we create here as part of our hobby.

Thank you very much David! Thanks to the drivers who registered and watch the (sometimes rather slow) progress of the builds.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

@ the group build participants: please add © www.PixxByTango.com as an underline link to the pictures you posted if they originate from David's homepage! Thank you!
Hi Sebastian, I fully agree with you (thanks for the time you invested) and according to your latest instruction, I just added a source link to the Pink Pig Cayman photos I posted days ago. …We also probably have the owner of those pictures here and I’ll contact him immediately…

I join in your apologies and I’d like to say welcome to all the Drivers and David (thanks) as well and… it’s totally true, WHAT A HONOUR !!!

Roberto
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 AM   #142
voyageur
AF Enthusiast

Hello Ron, welcome aboard our little group build. The whole thread started with one of our friends finding a picture of a MARTINI liveried Cayman on the web and a pile of unbuild Cayman kits nobody really knew what to do with. I guess this has taken a different route now. Oh well, I love challenges. Like I said earlier: I hope you guys are happy with what we do here. As this started out as a fun side-project for most of us we didn't really plan to go full detail with the models we build here.

Thank you very much for the support! We appreciate that and welcome all input, picture references and (most important of all) constructive critisicm.

What a pleasure to be a modeler these days :-)

Have a great day!
Sebastian

PS: Dirk, the interior of yours looks very promising. Frank, the widened track really adds to the appearance of the model. Great work!
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #143
jaykay640
AF Enthusiast

Hey guys. I think i have lost track of who's doing what here so before i try to figure it out by going through all the posts again....is anyone doing the pink/blue/burple Hippie car yet? If not i'd like to take a shot at it :-)
This is a fun project and I'd like to join. Should even be able to make it to Frankfurt :-)
jaykay640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #144
Mikezibit
AF Vendor

HI Frank

looks goods, I have finished the wheels and the brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi J View Post

I join in your apologies and I’d like to say welcome to all the Drivers and David (thanks) as well and… it’s totally true, WHAT A HONOUR !!!

Roberto
yes, it is a HONOUR, thanks to all

Mike
Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 AM   #145
Robi J
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay640 View Post
Hey guys. I think i have lost track of who's doing what here so before i try to figure it out by going through all the posts again....is anyone doing the pink/blue/burple Hippie car yet? If not i'd like to take a shot at it :-)
This is a fun project and I'd like to join. Should even be able to make it to Frankfurt :-)
Hi Jay, the burple livery seems to be still vacating, according to the list Sebastian updated yesterday.

Gulf | Snake
Brumos | voyageur (Seb)
Martini | dpbeetle (Dirk)
Dunlop / Shell | sportracer02 (Micha)
Jägermeister | mikezibit (Mike)
"917 Salzburg" | Albandy (Andreas)
TAG Heuer | FraFi (Frank)
Rothmans | Rolf
red / yellow #2 | gionc (Gio)
Pink Pig | Klutz_100 (Stevenski)
Löwenbräu | RobiJ (Roberto)
Leyton House | 88Porsche944 (Trevor)

Oh Lord, I could yet image how this livery would turn out in your holy hands

Ciaooooooooooooooo: Robi
Robi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #146
JimBacus
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay640 View Post
If I can help you any way with this project with pictures, video, etc., let me know...

Here's the "Hippy" last weekend at Road Atlanta.

JimBacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #147
KevHw
AF Enthusiast

Just wanted to say I think this is a great group build idea. I love the Cayman and how it looks, so with all these different liveries and paint schemes, it's very interesting to follow along. Great job so far guys.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #148
Wishmaster
***** Lurker

Great Project! Even more since you guys are supported by the racers themselves.

And a big thanks to PixxbyTango for not sueing AF or their members (so far )
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #149
swissmodeller
AF Newbie

Quote:
Hi Jay, the burple livery seems to be still vacating, according to the list Sebastian updated yesterday.

Gulf | Snake
Brumos | voyageur (Seb)
Martini | dpbeetle (Dirk)
Dunlop / Shell | sportracer02 (Micha)
Jägermeister | mikezibit (Mike)
"917 Salzburg" | Albandy (Andreas)
TAG Heuer | FraFi (Frank)
Rothmans | Rolf
red / yellow #2 | gionc (Gio)
Pink Pig | Klutz_100 (Stevenski)
Löwenbräu | RobiJ (Roberto)
Leyton House | 88Porsche944 (Trevor)
And don't forget the Miller's High Life Version in Gold and white which i'm building ( Swissmodeller) Rolf
swissmodeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #150
hirofkd
AF Enthusiast

So, which ones are still vacant?
Looking at here: (http://www.napletonmotorsports.com/The-Caymans.html), it appears to me that Hawaiian Tropic, Sunoco and Mobil 1 are unclaimed, but aren't there more liveries? (We know there was a Newman.)

And for 2010, I saw photos of Advan, Budweiser, Pink Pig and Piper, but any more?

I happen to have an unstarted Cayman kit, and don't mind doing the Mobil 1.

hirofkd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports