Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
pontiacfanactic
AF Newbie

Transport stalls when decelerating at slow speeds

I have a problem with 94 transport 3800 stalling when moving at slow speeds sometimes more frequently than others. Thought I read on this forum that it was the idle sensor. No check egine light is evident. Could this still be so. Please advise as winter is getting closer and I live where ice is not impossible to drive on.
pontiacfanactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Transport stalls when decelerating at slow speeds

....I could say mine does the same....well it happens occasionally when I'm going downhill at slow speed. I have not investigated the issue yet, as the place where it does that is just when I arrive at summer cottage and I'm just about to stop anyway. I think it might be related with braking, as depressing the brake lets some more air from the booster into the intake manifold and this air is not metered so it could lean the mixture..well this was supposed to be accounted for anyway and it did not happen when the car was younger, but the fact you are talking about it will make me pay more attention to the circumstances...I will come back with any conclusions or hypothesis that may arise.......

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport