Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
LadyRnT
AF Newbie

Transport/Montana no power to fuel pump

HELP!!! It seems our fuel pump is getting no power! We have spark, no fuel. Can't hear the fuel pump come on..not even a click. The van had been having a hard time starting for about 2 weeks before this happened. We were backing out and heard 3 "POPS" and it died. Restarted it and it ran for about 20 seconds, died again. Hasn't ran since. We changed relay, we started to change fuel pumps but ours works fine after taking it out and testing it. Still no noise to fuel pump. We put a handheld computer diagnostic scanner on it under the steering column. It sent us back codes of P0102 and P1665. Which according to Autozone is the MAP sensor and the Mass Air Flow sensor. Could either of these make the fuel pump not run? We are at our wits end with this. This is our only vehicle! My husband works full time and we have children. We need to fix this and can't afford a shop!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, any advice anyone with knowledge of this could give us would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!!! God Bless!!
LadyRnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: Transport/Montana no power to fuel pump

Well I don't know the problem exactly, but my philosophy is always "Fix all known problems". So I would take care of the diagnostic codes and go from there.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Transport/Montana no power to fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRnT
... sent us back codes of P0102 and P1665.!!
P1665 - Driver 3 Line 5 DTC P1665 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit
P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
None of these 2 are supposed to inhibit the fuel pump.

A failed crank position sensor can inhibit fuel pump and injectors..but depending on failure type, you can still have spark. This can be caused also by the ignition module...which passes crank sensor signal to trig injectors. (my problem last year). Ignition module is easiest to change and test...a 10 minute affair, if you can arrange to try one and return.

MAf cannot inhibit fuel pump. P1665 inidcates a problem (volage level not as supposed to be) at the driver level (device that sends electrical signal to energize relay coils)...... THis can be caused by an open circuit at the wiring level, a corroded connector, not necessarily the driver itself...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
cudastang
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Transport/Montana no power to fuel pump

Wondering if you ever found the problem with your transport?? I have a 1990 with the 3.1 that WILL RUN but cant hear the pump and it wont start right away..Sometimes(when it wont start after three-4-5 times)we'll spray either and she'll fire right up and stay running..Like the pump has power but not enough to get up to pressure................We put a new pump in it with the same results...No plug to check pressure,and no crank sensor..............?
cudastang is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport