Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Interior | Exterior | Appearance The place for all interior, exterior and general non-performance modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Ceelos86
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Help With Tire Size Please!!!

I just purchased 20in chrome wheels for my 1995 s10 4dr blazer.. what size tires can i get on there to make sure my rims dont rub?? Also I am thinkin about buying new suspension... does anyone have any suggestions??
Ceelos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
agcneo
AF Regular

Re: Help With Tire Size Please!!!

is it lowerd any? my "chevy brother" has an s10 with 20's, lowerd 2/3 and his rub horribly, he said he lost 1/4 turn in the wheel with them. so how much of a drop do u have will help determine the tire size
Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Ceelos86
AF Newbie

I am willing to purchase whatever suspension i need.. right now its on stock suspension.. i went to a car shop and they told me that they should fit g0od with a full Eibach suspension and lowering kit..
Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Hunter1
AF Newbie

Google "tire size calculator" This tool will allow you to change the size of the rim without changing the overall diameter of the wheel. If you change the overall size your speedo will be off.
Hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
agcneo
AF Regular

Hey this is agcneos buddy with the s-10 with 20s on it. for tire size i have 255/35zr20 in goodyear eagle hp plus tires, and they do rub quite a bit, it still drives fine but after a turn and a quarter or so they rub. i do have a 2/3 drop on (spindles and blocks) honestly it is a pain sometimes but i have no trouble driving or anything. pulling into parking spots and whatever takes some time to get used to and get down but its all possible. in the rears the 255/35s are good to use and in the front i forget what it was but i think 235/40 or 235/45 will give you the same tire height but it wont be as wide, eliminating some of the rub issues. my rims themselves are 20x8.5, which is what im going to guess yours is, so if you wanna keep the 20s do some research and i think its 235/45s on the front and the 255/35s in the rear matches up. otherwise go with some good 18s. hope this helps you a bit when it comes down to gettin them dubbies on.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Ceelos86
AF Newbie

OK what is the maximum you think i can drop the car then?? Should I do the same as you??
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
agcneo
AF Regular

its gonna take some time ot get a response back from him, hes on vacation right now.comes back in a few days. as soon as he gets home ill ask him to respond to your post.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance