Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
rusty1701
AF Newbie

'94 Jimmy SLT 4x4 question

I just bought a '94 Jimmy SLT with the 4.3 vortec. I have two quetions.
1) I have no manual, could someone tell me how to operate the 4x4 switch? The switch seems to be a rocker type with two lights. The 4x4 That i had in the past were manual type with a lever. I need to know how to get in to 4x4 and out! Can I shift on the fly? Are there any precautions? I'm affraid to play around with it, with my luck i'd tear it up!
2) My rear glass and tail gate will not open all of the time. When I push the button,I always hear a click in the back. Sometimes it opens and other times it doesn't!! I saw one post with the emergency open procedure, but that was about it for both of my questions. Thanks in advance!!
rusty1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
flyinggreasemnky
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to flyinggreasemnky
1) 4hi is shift on the fly and can be done at any speed, just press the button and then press again to get out. 4lo is different and I don't remember for certain, will have to check the manual (I have only used it twice since owning the truck). You basically have to be in 4 hi already and shift into it in neutral with the car stopped or barely moving forward. I don't remember the exact procedure for getting out but you must go to 4 hi first. (I think its just a reversal of the steps to get into it.)

2) Normally the problem with the back latch is that it has a bad ground so the motor that pops it with the button won't get power. It doesn't sound like that is the problem because you hear the click. First question, have you tried using the key??? If the problem reoccurs check to make sure its not the lock. The motor basically just pulls a cable that pulls on the window latching mechanism. Could be the latch is just too hard to pull and needs to be oiled or greased.
flyinggreasemnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
rusty1701
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply!! This has calmed by fears about the switch!! To be honest, I don't think I'll use 4 low much anyhow. Is ther some sort of emergency release for the rear hatch?
rusty1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy