Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:05 PM   #1
xbonz
AF Newbie

1986 Olds toronado wont start cam sensor anyone

car was running great I gave it to my sister told her if she wasnt going to drive it right away to start it all the time at least every few days.

well she didnt now the car does not run. it backfires and pops out tof the air filter

i was looking at it with my dad and the best we could do its to get it to run for about 3 seconds where it sounded normal and almost running fine then it dies.

so if you give it gas it dies. fuel psi is good spark is good some people say the timing but i dont see how it would sjkip if it hadnt been running

i was looking at the crank pos sensor then i noticed the cam senso above it when itouched it it moved which i thought was wierd when i took a closer look the plastic was all broken and by the time i removed it it was all busted and the plastic connector wasnt even cnnected to it anymore

so i am wondering with it completely unplugged it has bno intention of staring but do you think it might start and die if say 1 or 2 of the pins were broken ??

anyway opinions are great and id like to get some .

ALSO if anyone hads a cam sensor for the 3.8 litre olds that would be excellent looking to maybe get ne. Its a shme cause the car ran fine and now it doesnt i was gonna sell it to a friend who needed a car but when i needed money but now i cant so its i get it running or now junk it. i dont want to dump in money if thats not whats wrong with it so Im in a tough position

I also recently put in a new digital dash and its very nice to have after going about 2 yrs without it
xbonz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > General Discussion