Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
perna00
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to perna00
questions about new owners stereo

well, i ended up getting the 01 gt spyder. i payed 18.5 but only because it was bought at the dealer and traded in at the dealer by a 35 year old woman. the records were still on file. it had every option: leather, 17''s, convertible boot. . . it only has 18520 miles and doesn't have a single flaw. i'm sure some will still say i got ripped off.

. . . any ways. it has the 4 disc changer in dash by infinity. i see that there is 2 tweeters, a center speaker, and 2 rear speakers. i was thinking about changing decks but i'm afraid i'll lose the top dash display and the center speaker. i think the factory speaker sound decent but there's no bass. maybe i could just attach a converter to the rear speakers with the stock deck to add an amp and a sub or two. so in all honestly, how good is the infinity setup in my car and what do you think i should replace or add? btw, does my car have an amp already in it for the factory setup?
perna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:20 AM   #2
daniel4040
AF Newbie

yes swap it out it sounds alot better. The amp is under the passenger seat
daniel4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
00_GS
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 00_GS Send a message via MSN to 00_GS
Re: questions about new owners stereo

I kept everything in my GS and just added two 10's! That gave me the bass that i wanted, and with my amp i was able to adjust it to what i wanted. Now mine sounds really good with everything stock! I even had a custom box installed in my spare tire well! It looks sweet and sounds great!!
00_GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #4
perna00
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to perna00

i think i'll go that route with keeping the stock setup because i want to keep the clock/reout of the stereo up on the dash plus i don't want to have to mess with the 7 speakers if i change out the amp. i'm trying to decide now if i want to try to make a really small box for the trunk (very, very small cause it's a convertible) or make one for the tire well.
perna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:03 PM   #5
mgirl69
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mgirl69 Send a message via Yahoo to mgirl69

There's a factory amp in the 2001 eclipse? or is it only in the spyder? I have a 2001 GT. Anywho Stereo sounds good for me with the infinity, but i think i might have already blown the back speakers! i bought it in march and they were fine...too much loud music must have blown them. the passenger rear is where the slight ping/pop noise is coming from
mgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+