Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 09:47 PM   #1
94civic
AF Enthusiast

eclipse 12" subs

how are these subs and will they be able to produce the bass i was talking about on my other post called, tell me if this sounds good. i was plannig on putting either 3 of these, 3 audiobahn 12' q sound or the high excursion pro pressure woofers, or 3 jl audio w6's. give me some input and remeber i'm looking for some bass that you can feel even if your outside the car.
94civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 10:41 PM   #2
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
eclipse subs are fucking awesome! i have never heard a better sounding sub! are u talking about the titanum ones or not? the titanium ones are AMAZING but u better have $$$$$$$$! i once sat in a ford ranger with a camper shell, the back of the cab was cut out to the camper shell to make it like a mini-suv. the ENTIRE camper shell was a custom built sealed box. mounted within 6 inches to the rear of the front seats were 4 forward facing titanium eclipse 15's with over 2000 watts each! i almost couldnt remember where i lived, what kinda car i drove, who i was when i got out of that thing. those titanium 15's cost $1000 each though! the jl w6s are really badass as well but, id say the eclipses (titanium anyway) are prob the best subs out there. if u got the money, go titanuim eclipse u wont be sorry u paid as much for 1 as everyone else paid for 6 or 7. but if u cant afford the titaniums, the jl w6's would be 2nd choice. btw, did u know jl makes a w7 now? didnt know if u knew that and put w6 for a reason or if u just put w6 cuz u thought thats their best model.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 07:38 PM   #3
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
those are kinda spendy

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 10:55 PM   #4
RiceBurninVTEC
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RiceBurninVTEC Send a message via Yahoo to RiceBurninVTEC
i have 1 audiobahn ALUM15x, went up against my buddy with 2 12" eclipse aluminums in an unofficial sound off, and i won. don't waste your money

"there's nothing like a little variable valve timing to get people talking..."
~Honda Commercial

Original PH member since Nov. 2000
RiceBurninVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 09:56 PM   #5
LjasonL
Some Guy

what kind of amp/head unit did he have? i dont see how yours could have sounded better, not to diss your system im sure it sounds nice, but i have heard both of those and the eclipses sounded better to me. especially since u have a 15 and he has 12's, i woulda thought his sounded better for sure. were yall just listening for spl, thump, rumble whatever, or actual sound quality, like at the iasca sq events?
Old 12-29-2001, 08:18 PM   #6
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
hmm

anyone have any experience with kappa perfects? a guy @ work said he's had EVERY sub in the book, and the kappa perfect 12s were the absolute best. he said one of them would blox my audiobahn aw1251xs apart....so i figure 2 of them in a bandpass would be better than my four audiobahn 12s....anyone have any opinions on this?
dreemkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 04:50 PM   #7
LjasonL
Some Guy

in my opinion infinity subs dont sound that good, and neither does bandpass. infinity subs arent bad, but theyre a LOOOOONG way from being the best. in my opinion jl audio and eclipse make the best subs out there, but thats just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:15 PM   #8
GSteg
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by dreemkill
anyone have any experience with kappa perfects? a guy @ work said he's had EVERY sub in the book, and the kappa perfect 12s were the absolute best. he said one of them would blox my audiobahn aw1251xs apart....so i figure 2 of them in a bandpass would be better than my four audiobahn 12s....anyone have any opinions on this?
i love infinitys a lot and no diss to them (especially to their speakers) but they just can't beat audiobahn in SPL. i don't know what the other guy is talking about. oh yea, did you ever get your system metered?
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:08 PM   #9
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
me? no.....its not even completely done/in yet.. i just threw a couple 12s in a temporary box...when i get all four in, defiantly wanna see how many dBs i hit...hehe
i need a new CD deck also...i imagine a newer deck would sound better than the oldish one i have right now. might get a new panasonic deck real soon (next payday)

we'll see tho.

i have infinity reference backs, i love them...sound great..but you think my audiobahns are better eh? (the subs i mean)
dreemkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 11:19 AM   #10
RiceBurninVTEC
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RiceBurninVTEC Send a message via Yahoo to RiceBurninVTEC
Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
what kind of amp/head unit did he have? i dont see how yours could have sounded better, not to diss your system im sure it sounds nice, but i have heard both of those and the eclipses sounded better to me. especially since u have a 15 and he has 12's, i woulda thought his sounded better for sure. were yall just listening for spl, thump, rumble whatever, or actual sound quality, like at the iasca sq events?
he has some kind of pioneer head and a JL 500 one way amp.. i have a sony cdxm600(blah i know) and a lanzar 1200D @ 3 ohms (650-700 watts rms).. we were just going for who was louder.. wasn't official or anything, but if ur gonna buy aluminum subs, i'd say audiobahn.. now, titanium.. ok. go with eclipse.. audiobahn makes a alum/titanium sub but its not all that great.

"there's nothing like a little variable valve timing to get people talking..."
~Honda Commercial

Original PH member since Nov. 2000
RiceBurninVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 06:09 PM   #11
LjasonL
Some Guy

okay yeah i can see how it would be louder, but its hard to beat eclipse for sound quality. and i love infinity as well, just full range and not their subs. theyre not bad subs, theyre just not great either