Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What kind of 3kgt would you get if you had $7000?
The "SL" 4 30.77%
The "Vr4" 8 61.54%
Or the "Vr4 spyder" 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #16
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49
Re: Re: Re: I am looking to buy a Vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxRocker5150
Wouldn't seat covers do the trick tho to help out with the warm/cold problem
ya, i guess so, but who would want to put a seat cover over leather seats? i was just saying how much i enjoy my cloth seats b/c they're always a relatively constant temperature. leather is fine, i just wouldn't choose it. to me its unnecessary, but others like it. my bro has leather in his explorer. its nice, but so is cloth.

and ya, racing seats would be awesome. love that bucket feel when you take a hard corner and get planted into the seat.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #17
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Re: Re: I am looking to buy a Vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritMaster
Wasn't there some guy that got a spyder for 8k off autotrader not to long ago?
I've never heard of one going that cheap that was in any type of working order. Most of us who own one keep an eye on ebay for Spyders. I know I do and would have bid on the thing myself it were that low at the close of the auction.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #18
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

hey guys,
i have just discovered that there is an auto garage right down the street from me selling a Vr4 for $5000...i am going to go look at it i will tell you how many miles it has and stuff when i get back

-Nick
Futurevr4ownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 PM   #19
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

Smile i am looking to buy a Vr4

Hey Guys,
I just found out that there is a garage down the street that has a Vr4 4 sale..$5000....has a bad engine in it right now...they have a new one waiting to go in...i talkd to the guy today he said 5000 you take the Vr4 and the new engine and he will install the engine for free...do you guys think this is a good deal?...i am getting ready to go look at it...
i will tell you guys ALL the details when i get back...

-Nick
Old 02-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #20
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

Re: I am looking to buy a Vr4

sry i posted that twice...
Old 02-03-2005, 05:13 PM   #21
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Seems iffy to me, What year is it? Who knows how long it would take the guy to get the engine in, seems wierd to be selling for so low unless the new engine is realy high milage and the paint sucks.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #22
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

Question

when i talked to the guy on the phone he said that the engine waiting to go in is totally brand new...i am taking my friends dad with me (he is a mechanic) he will be able to tell me if i will have to put big money into it or not...the paint is good from what i saw when i drove by it today...it is white...the year is 94'...does the 94' have a 6spd or 5spd trans in it? i didn't get to go look at it today because it started snowing like hell right before i was gonna leave...my mom is dropping me off there tomorrow morning when she leaves to go to the doctors...but once i get ALL the details i will get back to you guys...

-Nick
Old 02-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #23
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

94 has the 6spd...

If your mechanic friend thinks its in good shape, then why not. But I'd ask to see a receipt of the new engine and find out why put the money forth to buy a new engine, when he could have just sold it as is.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:07 AM   #24
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

hey guys,
i went and looked at that Vr4 yesterday afternoon and it is in good shape....the motor is brand new, the only thing wrong with the exterior is that someone backed up into the right front fender and there is a dent and a scratch there....and there is one minor thing wrong with the interior...someone ripped out the glove box...lol...i dont see how you can do something like that...my mechanic friend said other than those two things the car is in great shape...oh and i found out it is a 92' not a 94' like i thought it was...the chassie has 148k miles on it.....and the new engine is not a stock engine he upgraded the turbos...he said it should make somewere near 350-370 HP at the flywheel...about how much would that be at the wheels???....i am calling the guy today to tell him i want it...and ask him if i can give him monthly payments instead of just $5000 cash...cause i dont have that much in cash at the moment...oh and by the way....all 4 tires are flat from just sitting there...how much would a good set of high performance tires cost? alright guys i'll get back to you....thanks for everything....

-Nick
Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 AM   #25
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

Does anyone know were i could get a glove box?....lol

-Nick
Old 02-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #26
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Ok, he said he upgraded the turbos...find out what turbos are going in, also find out what supporting mods he has with it, if he is just dropping in turbos without the proper supporting upgrades, you will break something quick. Also find out what year the new motor is.
Also 92 was the transition year for vr4s, I'd find out if it has the 18spline or 25spline output shaft. And what year the new motor is from, is it a 2 bolt or 4 bolt main. That is higher mileage, and I personally would look for something lower, but if this is the best you can find in your price range, and your mechanic says it is good, then why not. But I'd still be questioning why this guy is dropping in a new motor and upgraded turbos for free...that potentially is over $5,000 in parts and labor...so why is he doing all that and then selling it. Something just doesn't add up to me.
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #27
Futurevr4ownr
AF Newbie

alright i will do that
Old 02-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #28
twist3676
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to twist3676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurevr4ownr
hey guys,
My name is Nick and i am going to be getting my DL this year and my mom is giving $6500 for a car and i am looking for a Vr4...If you guys can help me with what to watch out for or to look for when buying a Vr4?... Thanks A Lot Guys

-Nick
Yo nick i snagged my VR4 off an old women for 5000 bills and she fucked up her engine in 94 so she got a new one put in in 94. its a 91 with the newer 320 horsepower engine, CHill shit, sucks that i crashed that shit. Its a great car man. But like people are saying insurance is a bitch for a kid and I had a red one and it was gay. If have any luck like i did i have all the part the engine and tranmission are still good 70,000 miles on the engine twin turbo, only thing that is damage is the entire rear Cup SUCKS
twist3676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #29
Gateway
AF Enthusiast

FYI, color makes no difference in your insurance rate.
RPS Streetmax clutch
Rebuilt tranny
Free Boost Mod
Maximal Performance Solid Motor Mounts

Pictures and Videos of my car
Got a question about your auto insurance? I'm an insurance agent, ask away.
Gateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #30
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Twist...a color can be bright, dark, etc...but not gay. Also please watch the langauge, we prefer to keep AF a bit more clean and professional, especially this section. That being said, welcome to AF.
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth