Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '02 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
yotermanic
AF Regular

Gutless 02 A4

Hey guys looking for some help on this one. My sister's 02 A4 is gutless, I can beat it in my Taurus (I'm guessing that's not supposed to be). Anyhow, the car idles great, but when you power brake it or are accelerating moderately you can hear what sounds like a boost leak or the wastegate opening. Is there anything common you guys can think of on these that would cause these symptoms? I've taken it up to work, lifted it and removed the belly pan to check for a lines or intercooler leaks and didn't find any. I don't have a gauge small enough (I'm a truck tech) to do a boost pressure test on it, so if anyone knows where I can get one I'd appreciate any input on that, as well. The Matco and Snap-On guys just look at me funny when I ask them. Anyhow, hope you guys got something because I'm scared I'm gonna have to send her off to the dealer and you know how embarassing that is for a mechanic.
yotermanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
busa4
AF Regular

Re: Gutless 02 A4

check all the boost lines. there hidden very well so look hard. also check the blow off valve. it can leak boost if failed. yeah that car without boost cant accelerate for s%$t. you can walk faster. we had one that wouldnt boost and it took almost a minute to accelerate to 60mph.
if all the boost hoses look good you might want to check the turbo.
busa4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '02 - '03