Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Truck_driver06
AF Newbie

89 535i engine swap now won't start...

I put a rebuilt 3.5ltr engine in my 89 535i. The old engine was seized up from the previous owner. I have disconnected the battery numerous times to recharge it and all that. when I try to start the car it just turns over but won't ever try to actually fire up. I checked the fuel supply line and I'm not getting any fuel to it. Bone Dry. So I then went back to the fuel filter changed it out as the old one was clogged up pretty good. Had fuel running out the lines at the fuel filter(inlet and outlet). STILL no fuel getting to the engine. so I tried testing it by taking the fuel pump relay out and putting a 14 gage wire to the 87 and 30 plug in with a 15amp fuse hooked to the wire just in case. And sure enough the fuel pump kicks on nice and strong! I took the fuel supply line off and hooked it up and it was pumping fuel through it like it should. I even had someone try to start it while I had it hooked up with the wires to 87 and 30 plug in for the relay and it still didn't start didn't even start to turn over what so ever. I heard that since I disconnected the battery and doing the engine swap that there may be some kind of security thing on my car and that it's not letting fuel to the engine because it thinks I'm trying to steal it. If this is true how would I "reset" the darn thing??? Or disarm it or something? Thank you all for the help. My e-mail is Truck_driver06@hotmail.com

Cameron
Truck_driver06 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series