Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
phoneman01
AF Newbie

91 4.3v6 keeps burning up coil

I just got my 91 Blazer back from garage number 3 and it just made it home before it burnt up ANOTHER coil! I have been thru 7 coils in a month. They have replaced Distributor, HEI Module, Cap, Rotor, Plugs and Wires, MAP Sensor and cleaned grounds. The only thing not replaced yet is ECM and ESC. I am at wits end. I was hoping someone here could give me some help. I guess I will try the ESC and ECM myself, and if that doesn't do it, I don't know what to do. Ideas?
phoneman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
old_master
Advisor/Moderator

Re: 91 4.3v6 keeps burning up coil

High resistance is what burns them out. Resistance from the surface where the ignition module mounts, (inside the distributor), to the battery negative terminal must be less than 5 ohms. If greater than 5 ohms, check both negative battery cable ends and both body ground cable ends. If necessary, you can run a 14ga wire from the distributor housing to the negative battery terminal. Couple of inexpensive checks you can try.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis