Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
ImportBuilder
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ImportBuilder Send a message via Yahoo to ImportBuilder
Toyota T100 wiring

My mom has a 1995 Toyota T100 Extended Cab. I pulled the stock HU out of the dash, and looked @ the back of it. the connections are little plugs (I figured it would be like this). I can wire home and computer stereos really well. Hell, I had 2 Xplod subs wired to my freinds home theater system for awhile. and they hit nice n hard, no distortion. anyway, i am competent enough to wire this thing up, but do i need to get a wiring harness adapter when i order my new head unit or what??
in case you cant tell, this is my 1st time doing car audio. i can wire the speakers, i think. they also have the little plugs on them. can Ijust cut the plugs off and wire it like a reg. speaker??
2x Majestic MCS6923BC
4 AWG Power/Ground
1x Lightning Audio STRIKE S4.15.VC2
1x Lightning Audio STRIKE 24.500.1
Dynamat Xtreme in trunk
Coming Soon:
New SPL Setup
ImportBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Diceman83
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Diceman83
Re: Toyota T100 wiring

If you want a really easy first time install, go to crutchfield.com and get whatever you choose for head units and components there. They don't have lowest prices, but the amount of free stuff they send with the products kinda makes up for it in the installation. They have plug adapters for every car out there, so you just have to wire the HU up to the adapter and then just plug the adapter into the factory wiring that's there. Same goes for the speakers. They even give instructions (like whole movies) on exactly how to remove speakers from doors, run the wire, basically everything. There's also a lifetime "call us and we'll talk you step by step through anything". I got a couple things there, and now I'm don't basically everything on my own, but it was a great place for a newb to start, IMO.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio