Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Eastern US
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eastern US New York, New Jersey, Georgia and other Eastern US states.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

street legal?

I'm new to all this but I just wanted to know if all clear headlights and all clear Tail lights (no red) are street legal in NYC?
avpart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
as long as you use colored bulbs inside of the clear lights so that when it lights up they are still the proper colors it is legal in the rest of new york, however NYC tends to have different laws than the rest of ny. The best way to find out laws is to call a police station and ask they are usually more than happy to inform you, thats what i did a few years ago when trying to find out the law on window tinting in NY.

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
blacknight
AF Regular

Re: street legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avpart3
I'm new to all this but I just wanted to know if all clear headlights and all clear Tail lights (no red) are street legal in NYC?
You can probably get away with the headlights, but I wouldn't chance it with teh tail lights. I know many people who's been pulled over in the city cause of clear tail lights. Best thing to do is get JDM (red/clear) tail lights or be like everyone else and get Altezza's
Old 02-04-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: street legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight
You can probably get away with the headlights, but I wouldn't chance it with teh tail lights. I know many people who's been pulled over in the city cause of clear tail lights. Best thing to do is get JDM (red/clear) tail lights or be like everyone else and get Altezza's
I got ya, I decided the same thing. Cuz I just got some 20% tints on and the clear tails will just bring more attention and piss off any cops that are bored at the time and havent' met their ticket quota. Altezza's here I come

''There's NO Ideas Original, Its Nothing New under the Sun!''
Old 02-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
goat_launcher
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: street legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a leaker
*quote removed by moderator*
LMAO...random funniness

Yeah, I'd worry about the Taillights b4 the headlights...remember 90% of the time a cop pulls you over it's because he was "following" or saw you ahead. Cops rarely do U turns unless your doing something obviously enough to get his attention in the oncoming lane...I've had friends with Altezzas pulled over because the cops thought the taillamp lens was broken...and like they even need a reason to pull you over these days

Last edited by jon@af; 02-07-2004 at 08:57 PM.
goat_launcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

Re: street legal?

All I can say to Its a Leaker is..........Look to the left at my Avatar, It can happen to you too homey!

''There's NO Ideas Original, Its Nothing New under the Sun!''