Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
swzine
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to swzine Send a message via Yahoo to swzine
2003 L200 Tighter Suspension

I have a 2003 L200 which I am very happy with. My only complaint is the handling. The car is a little too bouncy and doesn't feel natural around turns on the highway. What is the best way to improve the handling? APC makes a coilover kit for the L200 - APC651090. Has anyone had experience with this kit or any other kit? Basically I wish the car was a little lower and tighter. Would this accomplish that?
swzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
socketz
AF Newbie

The L200 has lower rate springs and different valving on the struts as compared to the V-6.

Progress makes some stiffer springs that will fit your car while affording you about a 1.5 inch drop:

http://www.progressauto.com/
socketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #3
THEDAVIDMAN
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 L200 Tighter Suspension

[quote=swzine]I have a 2003 L200 which I am very happy with.

Hey bro I just got into a 2003 L200 myself. Did yours come with the Sport package? I couldn't resist as 2003 has brought some SAAB lines into the bodywork.

I found a suspension shop if you dont have the grand for springs and struts, that will give you a minor drop (about 1 inch) by just cutting the stock springs. A big caution if you consider this, is how they cut the spring.

If done with a torch then compression rates can be lost as the tempering is lost.

The shop I found will do it with a High rpm diamond blade and a constant flow of cold oil to keep the heat down.

The pitched advantage besides saving cost is that the stock dampners which are compression adjusted will be slightly stiffer for being 1 inch lower.

Even a 1 inch drop requires the rear bumber stops to be shaved a bit.

The other advantage to a one inch drop only is that you don't compromise any front end geometry with such a mild drop. (No
no torsion roll or flutter or excessive wear on the trans-axles, bushings)

How do you like the factory skirting? I also am very happy with this ride.
Pases in fifth gear with passengers no problem.

I plan to add the K&N filter, tornado fuel saver soon. I have already made a minor fuel timing adjustment through ohm-load adjustment on the intake air sensor circuit. Definitely a little more pick-up and no low end torque loss. Anything more than 3-4 ohms resulted in a loss of power. I should also have 2 1/4 inch piping from the down pipe to the exhaust tip soon. Looking for about 8-10 hp with that mod.

I did want to get it up around 170-180hp at the fly wheel but parts for power modding the 2.2 / L200 are no where to be found.

Considering 8-10 lbs boost. www.Twistecproducts.com

And of course the tunes are bad ass with that sub-woofer and power amp.

Let us know what you do man. I am sure there are more L200 owners who would love to push some serious air through the motor. I am one of them.

TheDavidMan.
THEDAVIDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote