Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > MP4-12C
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #31
astonmartindbs001
Aeolus DawnWalker

Re: MP4-12C's official public unveiling at the 2010 Goodwood FOS

I believe that this forum in particular, along with the entire McLaren forum as a whole, is only for fans and supporters of the MP4-12C, the F1, and the McLaren marque as a whole along with its cars.

If people want to criticize them unfairly, and/or uphold and praise other marques along the way, there are other parts and Forums of AF.com to do those things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/Peloton25/General%20Web%20Photos/signature_alex4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AlexAeolusDawnWalker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37024121@N06/
astonmartindbs001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #32
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

We don't do pissing matches here at AF.com so whether this is a serious debate or not, please just drop it. If you want to engage a battle of words that quickly becomes irrelevant over your differences of opionion please do so elsewhere. Future posts on the matter from this point forward will be deleted.

Trusting that I won't have to repeat myself, thanks for understanding the need to keep drama away from this discussion forum.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #33
peterst
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
We don't do pissing matches here at AF.com so whether this is a serious debate or not, please just drop it. If you want to engage a battle of words that quickly becomes irrelevant over your differences of opionion please do so elsewhere. Future posts on the matter from this point forward will be deleted.

Trusting that I won't have to repeat myself, thanks for understanding the need to keep drama away from this discussion forum.

>8^)
ER
Take it easy, mate, nobody's fighting here. Would it be fine that we will share this planet with you for a while?
Tell us better about the engine of the 12C. How does it follows the F1 (both road car and race cars) principles being turbocharged? What are the highest revs it could reach? 8500 rpms today is ordinary "number". Why did they place exhausts so high? Would you inhale ozone standing behind the back? Where is the revolutionary WOW hidden, to pay for? Imagine, I have cash, and you want to convince me to throw it.
peterst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #34
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst View Post
Take it easy, mate, nobody's fighting here. Would it be fine that we will share this planet with you for a while?
Tell us better about the engine of the 12C. How does it follows the F1 (both road car and race cars) principles being turbocharged? What are the highest revs it could reach? 8500 rpms today is ordinary "number". Why did they place exhausts so high? Would you inhale ozone standing behind the back? Where is the revolutionary WOW hidden, to pay for? Imagine, I have cash, and you want to convince me to throw it.
Peter - you can pretend to play the victim but so far my impression is that you have been nothing if not a disruption with a large percentage of your posts. If that is your motivation for being here I can certainly fix that problem for you.

You've made it clear you are not a fan of the new 12C and made it clear you have issues with the F1 too. Frankly one would assume someone in the position you claim to be in should have better things to do than antagonize folks on an enthusiast's message forum with unproductive comments about cars that you aren't the least bit passionate about, but perhaps not.

This discussion ends here.

>8^|
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
carbuilder2002
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to carbuilder2002

Thats funny I had an Aston vantage and it was the most reliablle not mainstrem car I have ever owned, never failed to start even in sub zero temperatures (yes I did drive it in snow and on sheet ice, much better than my XJ12) only thing that ever failed was the boot lock, and that cost me £15 to replace (1994)
carbuilder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
Streetrod
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst View Post
For a turbo charged car a 8500 rpm redline is very high, please find me another production turbo engine that revs that high. Also it is only 500 rpm short of the 458 which has less power and less torque. Also the MP4 engine is the most efficient in its class with the lowest CO2 emissions as well.

How about the fact that the MP4 does not have anti roll bars, very old fashioned, and uses brake steer that McLaren pioneered in F1, a system that was so good it was banned by the FIA. And that’s just a start of the innovations that are being rolled out on the MP4, is that WOW enough for you.

Now I am no fan boy and will wait until I see the test results. But having spent time talking to the engineers they are very confident that dynamically the MP4 will spank the 458.

Looks at the end of the day are subjective.

On another note I suspect that 70% of 458 owners have bought the car because they are more interested in what people think of them driving the latest Ferrari rather than what they think of the car. Posing is a little sad I think.
Streetrod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > MP4-12C