Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Katicus
AF Newbie

Overheating but the Thermostats Good

Hello Everyone,

This is my first thread and I'm not very well versed in car mechanics (thus why I'm here).

So my question is about my 1997, 6 cylinder, Chrysler Cirrus. It tries to overheat when its idling but the temperature goes down when I drive it. I checked the Thermostat and its opening and closing properly. When I initially found this problem, I was a little low on fluid so I gave her some antifreeze/water mix and she was fine for a couple weeks. Maybe a radiator hose leak? I don't know.

Also, a few days ago I was driving a friend home and when I went to stop at a stop sign, my car chugged and died. I got it to the nearby gas station where, luckily, someone had locked their keys in their car so there was a tow truck guy there to help me out. At first I couldn't start my car up but then he revved the engine (pressing the throttle maybe? but not in the car pressing the gas pedal) and got it to go but the rest of the way to my friends house, anytime I tried to slow down or stop it would die. I ended up staying there that night but my car was fine in the morning. I'm not sure what this means either.

Any and all feedback would be great. Thank you so much! <3
Katicus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus