Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
LUV2XLR8_75
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LUV2XLR8_75 Send a message via Yahoo to LUV2XLR8_75
Angry 1996 Saturn sl2

Is it just me or does every single 96' saturn have problems. I bought mine with 56,000 miles ran fine. I hit 100,000 miles I had to put a new tansmission the pin went thru mine. 3 months later I had to put a motor in it my engine light is still on it has never shut off even with the new motor and just 2 months ago I had to put another transmission in the car because the pin went thru the tranny again. Not to mention 2 radiators and my fan is now rigged up to the fuse box so that it stays running. Now my car has decided to stay running even with the keys out. How do you win? 5400 dollars for the car 4000 for the motor 5000 for the 2 trannys and 100 for the raidators. When does it end
Old 06-03-2004, 02:01 AM   #2
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

Re: 1996 Saturn sl2

was the second trans new or used? i've have heard diff pin go, but unless you were putting some major stress on that tranny, i have never heard of one going that fast. and i don't know any good tech who would install a new motor and leave a SES. i have only heard of one other saturn that runs with the key out, some wires were shorted to the headlight fuse. why is the fan hotwired?
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW