Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86
#1 Torture Song (US Military)

The following not everyday blog was posted on Deicide's MySpace page:

"Deicide Music used by US Military to Torture prisoners in Iraq! -- Deicide scores a 1 hit with US Troops!

Gathered from evidence obtained through various reports, leaked interrogation logs and the accounts of soldiers and detainees, a list of the top 24 songs strategically used on military prisoners in Iraq was recently made public, according to Mother Jones Magazine's website. [Mother Jones is an independent, left wing, nonprofit magazine rooted in progressive political values and known for its investigative reporting]

Among a list of such musical luminaries as Eminem, Metallica and AC/DC (as well as non-luminary Barney The Dinosaur), was Deicide, coming in at number one with the song "Fuck Your God" from 2004's "Scars Of The Crucifix".

When word of this info first got to Deicide drummer, Steve Asheim, the only thing he could really say was "It's cool. If we're upto military standards of audio abuse, it makes me feel like Deicide's doing our part for the troops." Of course this moment is not the only history that Asheim has with the armed forces. "My dad was a marine, as were my uncle and grandfather;" says the Deicide skinsman. "I didn't follow in their footsteps since I was so busy with the band thing, but I'm glad I was eventually able to contribute somehow."

Some of the tactical circumstances where prisoners may have heard "Fuck Your God" include sleep deprivation and interrogation disorientation. While some may see this information as a shock, other readers of the source article have taken a slightly different view of the situation. Commented one reader of the source article, "Honestly, the barney theme song is more disturbing than Deicide's "Fuck Your God"."

For more info, including the entire list of songs, go to HERE."

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
93rollaracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer
Re: #1 Torture Song (US Military)

Some of the songs on that list would get me to crack, too.

Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
93rollaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Re: #1 Torture Song (US Military)

I have listened to many of those songs in the past week. The first two were bad, and the theme songs, but overall some good music.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic