Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
drifterX
AF Regular

!!!help. I Got A Nasty Virus!!!

ok seriously the computer i usually use has this nasty virus. the mouse moves by itself and clicks on random stuff. and i t shut down my internet conection. and when i start the computer in safe mode it seems to have made a administrtor account by itself and i dunno the password. im runnin windows XP professional and ive scanned it with norton and a bunch of other stuff but it didnt pick it up. i can still navigate but every couple of seconds the mouse will have a mind of its own. PLEASE HELP SOME ONE. now i have to wait till like 10 at night to go to my neighbors house and use the internet. I dont know what else to say. its like when i try to manuver the mouse left itll go up or down or all over the place. then it opens folders and stuff without me doing it. almost all the time it will end up opening the user accounts section. i also tried system restore but that didnt help. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP.!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
Oz
Aussie Mod

Send a message via AIM to Oz
Re: !!!help. I Got A Nasty Virus!!!

Download and run Adaware and Spybot

If nothing changes, get (BUY) a good antivirus, update the definitions and run a FULL scan.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:21 AM   #3
GOldenTaurus426
AF Newbie

Re: !!!help. I Got A Nasty Virus!!!

Definately run Spybot and aware.. also download all the latest patch from microsoft.windowsupdate.com
GOldenTaurus426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:26 AM   #4
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: !!!help. I Got A Nasty Virus!!!

Get a firewall ASAP. Black Ice Defender is a good one. If you would like to get a good free one you can goto www.zonelabs.com