Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Members Projects
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Members Projects Discussion of the AF 2G DSM Project Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
kittay
AF Regular

My year of progress

So I bought my car a year ago, and she's came a long ways..

The before:

And after:

kittay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

Re: My year of progress

Very nice, and congrats.

Also, welcome to the glorious AF lol.

I hate to be pushy but what kind of mods did you put on it?

I mean besides the FMIC, radiator piping, and dejon intake pipe. And maybe an exhaust tip? I cant tell from the before pic.

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
bleedEGLblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
steviek
AF Enthusiast

yea what is done to it and how quick is it
FP 18g turbo e3 o2 & mani, 3" exhaust, , 7 bolt, wiseco/eagle, walbro 255hp re-wired, Aeromotive FPR, FIC 1150cc, injen intake, greddy RS, aem wideband, turbo xs mbc, act 2600 clutch sprung 6 puck, BC 272's, dsmlink v2.5, ETS FMIC, Devils Own, JMF SMIM.
18 Inch chrome rims
In closet AEM Fuel Rail, SS Lines,
1997 TSI AWD
Diamonds Are 4Ever
12.7 @ 107
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC00461.jpg
steviek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
kittay
AF Regular

Tons of maintenance. I guess fortunetly/ unfortunetly, almost everything (aside from the bottom end) is new.

Aside from that, I have 264/272 hks cams, evo3 16g, 750s, walbro 255, SBR fmic, ported 2g O2 housing and ported 2g manifold, fidanza flywheel, act2600, 2g tranny, apexi 3" exhaust, Ostrich/ Tuner Pro RT, Evo Bilstein struts/ Evo Espeiler GT springs, 2g big brakes, Hallman mbc, 3g revised lifters, NGK wideband.

Last edited by kittay; 01-16-2008 at 02:04 PM.
kittay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
vanilla gorilla
AF Enthusiast

Sexy. Looks really good. Never heard of that tuning software before...Is it any good? 12.3? Thats fuckin fast.

'99 Spyder 2.4 5-speed - Red/black,14b,slow
'96 Eclipse GST 5-speed - Paint
www.myspace.com/ballsoutperformance
vanilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

Impressive. Kittay, how come we missed you during the whole overhaul?

How do you feel about the 2g tranny? workin out for ya?

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
Old 11-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
kittay
AF Regular

Ostrich is a great program, very similar to link but 1/3 the price. Go to Moates.net
I missed the last day at the track this season, my car was running strong, but I wasn't feeling very well. But with the cold weather and the boost up a little (23 or so psi) I think I would have ran 11.xx
I used to be on here, but Idk wtf my password was
The 2g tranny is great for being a DD car. It is quite a bit heavier then the 1g. It however shifts so much nicer! I would not use it if my car was setup to run higher times, but with the small setup I have now, it works wonders
On one of my other project cars, I'm doing evo gears/ syncros in the 1g tranny. I've heard good things about that
Old 11-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
rock0134
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rock0134 Send a message via Yahoo to rock0134

Sick looking car man I love it

SOLD
'97 GSX
EvoIII 16g, FMIC shortroute piping, FIC 850's, DSMLink V2.5, 3" turboback, mbc, Walbro 190 rewired, autometer boost gauge, Tokico shocks/springs -2", Motegi MR7 18" hyper black wheels

'05 blacked out f150 FX4
rock0134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

Yea I am very impressed. Whats up with the re-routed breather? Space issues?

What kind of rims are those?

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:

Old 11-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Welcome to AF! Please stick around.

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
kittay
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX RIDER
Sick looking car man I love it
Thanks chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedEGLblue
Yea I am very impressed. Whats up with the re-routed breather? Space issues?

What kind of rims are those?
You talking about for the catch can?
They're off an Evo MR. Only way you can get them

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #12
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Kittay, could you explain to me the Ostrich/Tuner Pro RT deal? So is the Ostrich is the ECU unit then and the Tuner Pro is the tuning software? Hows the Tuner Pro? What features does it have? It has fuel adjustments and ignition timing adjustment right? What about a stutterbox? Adjustable rev limit? What about nitrous control? If its got all that I am going to give it a thought over DSMlink, I love 'link, but at the same time, I am broke and trying to get as far as I can as cheap as I can . Does either the Ostrich unit or the Tuner Pro RT have a webpage I can learn more about them on?

EDIT: Response to Brians post below....

Hmmm... a female thats into cars, and DSMs at that. She obviously knows whats going on too. Shes fast. OOH she has a 1g!! Thats it... will you marry me? Ha ha, no, I'm joking. But really, you want to?

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

Last edited by Thor06; 11-23-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #13
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Wow... We have a female member for once. lol

I really like the car. I wish I had a nice clean 1g like that... Especially one that ran 12.3.
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
kittay
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06
Kittay, could you explain to me the Ostrich/Tuner Pro RT deal? So is the Ostrich is the ECU unit then and the Tuner Pro is the tuning software? Hows the Tuner Pro? What features does it have? It has fuel adjustments and ignition timing adjustment right? What about a stutterbox? Adjustable rev limit? What about nitrous control? If its got all that I am going to give it a thought over DSMlink, I love 'link, but at the same time, I am broke and trying to get as far as I can as cheap as I can . Does either the Ostrich unit or the Tuner Pro RT have a webpage I can learn more about them on?

EDIT: Response to Brians post below....

Hmmm... a female thats into cars, and DSMs at that. She obviously knows whats going on too. Shes fast. OOH she has a 1g!! Thats it... will you marry me? Ha ha, no, I'm joking. But really, you want to?

Here's the link to it:
http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...roducts_id=169

Actually, you use the stock ECU (Eprom of course), then plug the emulater in where the chip was. You need a laptop, but they provide you with the CD containing the software. You can make live adjustments, add stutterbox, injector compensation, all those things you mentioned, etc. I can put up a screenshot of what the program looks like when I grab my tuning laptop. Tunerpro is the software for the Ostrich. I always use the scanmaster or wideband along with it while tuning to ensure I'm not running lean/ rich.
When you're done tuning, you just upload the bin to the Ostrich, unplug the comp, and the Ostrich device stays in the car. We also have a chip burner, so rather then keeping the Ostrich in there all the time, we can upload the maps and make a chip for it. I have one for running on E85 and one for 93. You can also buy some of their software that allows you to switch between 2 seperate maps: Like if you're on vacation and have been running E85, but come upon a town that only has pump gas, you can flip the switch and run the map for pump gas.
With nitrous, I haven't experienced it personally, so I'm not sure. But I remember hearing that they were re-coding it to where you can use nitrous or meth injection.

lol.. silly boys But I don't think my car is fast enough. Great for a DD.. I still have a few things left I want to do before it's perfect in my eyes: New front bumper (as last owner made the yellow show ), door dings taken out of the drivers side door, and tint it up properly.

I have a few more project cars as well, I'll make a new thread for those two
Old 11-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #15
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Mmmmm, I see. I am going to have to think about that a bit and I think you and I are going to have to talk about it in greater length, if in fact it can all that no lift to shift I think I may get it. DSMlink looks more user friendly, but if this can do the same shit as DSMlink $175 is SOO much easier on me than $560.

So do you use the O-Meter from moates too? How is it? Its cheap as hell, does it come with the o2 sensor as well?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Members Projects