Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
burbaphobia
AF Newbie

Question 86 Trooper dash lights stay on and runs poorly

Hi,

I'm new here and have searched the threads until I'm cross-eyed looking for someone with my same problem. Our wonderful Trooper that has served us faithfully and with very few problems for the past 8 years has developed a condition that we can't figure out. When she starts, the brake, low fuel and battery idiot lights stay on for awhile. While these lights are on she runs like crap. Once the lights go off, she runs great. Sometimes the lights go off right after you start her, other times you can drive for 20 miles before they go off. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this? Could it be one of the relays? It's 80 miles round trip to the nearest Auto Zone or Checker and we'd like to have an idea of what to try before we make several drives to buy random parts!

Thank you!
burbaphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
bamashooter
AF Newbie

Re: 86 Trooper dash lights stay on and runs poorly

Sounds like the alternator is going away. If not, I would check the connections to the alternator, battery, and grounds.
bamashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
burbaphobia
AF Newbie

Re: 86 Trooper dash lights stay on and runs poorly

We replaced the alternator, checked all wires and connections but the lights still aren't going out and she still runs poorly. Next?
burbaphobia is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard