Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Philosophizing Throwing around ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

Too Quiet in Here!!!

Hey Guys it's too quiet in here! So. . . . My question is what are your regrets in life? What are things you have always wanted to do but have never gotten the chance to? If you could go back in time what would you change? Maybe a job, significant other, interesting event that you would do! Hopefully we can get some conversation started here! I will even start it off! I would say if I could go back and change something in my life I would have picked a major in college I liked and stuck with it. I think I would find life a whole lot easier if I had a degree in something I liked doing!
Hungrycat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
BrodyP
AF -Advisor

Re: Too Quiet in Here!!!

I also would have liked to have had a better grasp on life and my future when I graduated high school. I went to 2 colleges and received my BS in business economics and now I work in Hollywood making movies. All of my money and schooling kind of went down the drain. I eventually will go back again to school, but later in life for something I enjoy as a hobby such as astronomy or physics. I guess for some people it is hard to pick your life's career at 17. I had no idea what I wanted to be so took an easy path that would guarantee me money. 10 years later I realized money isn't everything and my happiness is what will carry me through the rest of my life. I just keep positive and I guess I am lucky that I found a career that I love and also brings in the money.

BrodyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

AF isn't big enough to fit them all in...

Overall, I regret NOT doing things more then the stuff I actually did. Mainly my choices in women.

I could fill a whole page up with "I should have....."

I do wish I could go back and re-live my senior year in high school. Even college sucked in comparison. I want to be worry free again...My senior year was like real life in "cheat mode"...

Thanks a lot Hungrycat7!!!!, I'm now depressed. I don't have a good woman, my old cars,.....whats that for your avatar? A dog? I don't even have one of those! You son of a......
72chevelleOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

I've got a dog, but really nothing else (). Damn, now I'm depressed too.

Most of my regrets come from either smoking (not only tobacco) or drinking too much when I was in highschool. One good thing came out of it, the job I have now, at the time I thought it would be easy money. It turned out I was wrong about that, but I still love my job and wouldn't take a job in any other field unless I was physically unable to keep working. The bad things - too many to list but a few are An OWI/DWI/DUI (whatever they call it where you are), losing the woman I thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with (I realize now I was probably wrong then, so probably not all bad), several tickets for various alcohol related offenses, getting kicked out of my parents house, and almost getting caught on several felonies at the same time. That's when I woke up and became the upstanding citizen I am now .

But at the same time, if it weren't for some of those things, I might still be living with my parents hanging out with some shady characters and spending most of my money on smokables and alcohol. So considering that, maybe I wouldn't change anything.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

Damn! Starting to feel bad for being the one responsible for everyone's depression!

Or am I? Maybe this was all part of my plan to make me feel better about all of my regrets! OK just kidding!

I do feel the same way about wasting money on smokeables and drinkables though! Glad that is over with! I can feel my wallet growing!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungrycat7
Maybe this was all part of my plan to make me feel better about all of my regrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ri
An OWI/DWI/DUI (whatever they call it where you are)
OMVI, then they took out the "motor" and changed it to OVI.
So they can bust people on bicycles, mopeds, lawn tractors, and anything else not classified as a "motor vehicle" (aka needing license plates or under 50cc's)
I have heard of a guy getting busted on a farm tractor. My old neighbor was "warned" on a lawn tractor. (I seen that and heard parts of the conversation.)
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevelleOhio

OMVI, then they took out the "motor" and changed it to OVI.
So they can bust people on bicycles, mopeds, lawn tractors, and anything else not classified as a "motor vehicle" (aka needing license plates or under 50cc's)
I have heard of a guy getting busted on a farm tractor. My old neighbor was "warned" on a lawn tractor. (I seen that and heard parts of the conversation.)
There was actually a guy who got whatever they call it for riding his horse down the road while he was intoxicated! (Saw it on the news a year or two back) Crazy! I have also seen people get busted for riding in cars drunk (Public Intox). What the hell are you supposed to do when you are drunk?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
RaeRae1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RaeRae1

Hmmm. Regrets - I think I would have to go along with the smokables. Glad that part is gone. Took FOREVER to finally kick that stupid habit, gained 20 pounds, finally got them back off (took almost a year!).... Some regrets, of course, won't be aired on a public forum but I would have to say I also regret not doing more traveling before I had kids. It would have been great to see more of the world. Can't do that now, and by the time the kids are out of the house, I will be to dang old to enjoy traveling. Oh well, as far as regrets go, guess I'm pretty lucky.

Quote:
Your cheer-mobile needs a flat tire.
RaeRae1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

You can even get an OWI for floating down a creek on an innertube (so I've heard, anyway). That's complete BS if you ask me, who can you possibly hurt IN AN INNERTUBE!? I'm not saying mixing water and huge amounts of alcohol is a great idea, but for the 4-5 years we did it in highschool/college nobody got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Some regrets, of course, won't be aired on a public forum
Aww... come on, that's the great part about being completely anonymous.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Except you have your truck and location posted on here.....
You could just be driving around and someone shouts out "Heyyyyy! Your the guy who rode a dirtbike through the woods naked on a dare from a girl back in high school, aren't you?"

Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

In the mid 80's I had a mint 1973 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland engine. It sat in my parent's backyard for about 3 months while I saved money to fix it. One day I came home and found out that my brother had called a junkyard to haul away my car because he didn't know how valuable it was and my mother was complaining about the "eyesore" in the yard. If I had that car today it would be worth about $30,000 in mint condition.
So my greatest regret in life is that I didn't kill my brother and mother before that happened.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
Oz
Aussie Mod

Send a message via AIM to Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Ryu
In the mid 80's I had a mint 1973 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland engine. It sat in my parent's backyard for about 3 months while I saved money to fix it. One day I came home and found out that my brother had called a junkyard to haul away my car because he didn't know how valuable it was and my mother was complaining about the "eyesore" in the yard. If I had that car today it would be worth about $30,000 in mint condition.
So my greatest regret in life is that I didn't kill my brother and mother before that happened.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #13
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Ryu
mint............... "eyesore"
Hmmmmm, couldn't have been that "mint"

Yeah, that sucks
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
RaeRae1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RaeRae1

Quote:

Ummmmmm... O.K................NO.

Quote:
Your cheer-mobile needs a flat tire.
RaeRae1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #15
Hungrycat7
AF Enthusiast

We seem to be losing focus here guys!!! LOl

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing