Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Philosophizing Throwing around ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #16
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Re: time travel/FTL travel

Multiverse still seems very plausible after all these posts...
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #17
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

probably. maybe thats why theres no one in history that came from the future. since if miltiverses exist there has to be infinite verses that exist.

but what about your thoughts on FTL travel? and do you think its possible with the discovery of an antimatter propulsion system? or are wormholes our only option?

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
karmacae

Oh I know for a fact that it happens every day. Though It is hard to explain as I do not know the right termanoligy to put it in.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

Karma! You're back!?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Karma obviously traveled in time, from March 08 to Jan 09, just to revive this thread.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
grotenolmen
AF Newbie

The biggest theoretical problem is known as the time-travel paradox. If someone travels back in time and does something to prevent their own existence, then how can time travel be possible? The classic example is the time traveller who kills his grandfather before his own father is conceived.
Cosmologists, renowned for their imaginative ingenuity, have come up with a way round this paradox. They have suggested that there is not one universe but many – so many that every possible outcome of any event actually takes place. In this multiple universe, or "multiverse" model, a woman who goes back in time to murder her own granny can get way with it because in the universe next door the granny lives to have the daughter who becomes the murderer's mother.
grotenolmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Yes, but none of these people have postulated just how you control which of the multiverses you are going to....or to which one you're returning!
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #23
Andrew84
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways... View Post
heres another question to ponder. scientists now know that the simple act of observing an object can change its size, shape, orientation, location, and behavior. now it doesnt seem so farfetched that the universe is infinite. and this seems to me like it opens up a whole new world of physical manipulation, most notably time travel and FTL travel. scientists have proven that a particle can exist in (so far) up to 3000 different places at the same time, yet when observed, has never moved. so if you look at the particle, and its at point A. then you look away, and look back its still there. but when its not being observed by anything, it can be at however many other points at the same time, yet hasnt changed. but what makes it stay at point A when you look back at it? whats to keep it from being at point B, or point C, or point marshmallow? that i think is the basis for FTL travel. and i think its around the corner. i dont know about you but im excited.
The phenomema of particles existing in multiple locations simutaneosly is a purely quantum phenomena and can only exist on a sub-plank scale. The realization of FTL is more than just utilizing quantum physics, it has to incorporate relativity and other unified field physics in other to be feasible. This is because your space craft is not a sub-plank particle (not subatomic).
Andrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing