Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
dgalfano
AF Newbie

Angry 92 Eclipse

OK, I have a 92 Mits. Eclipse. It has had battery problems for a long time. My dad had an electrical test on it, they couldn't find anything and assumed it needed a new computer chip, which he bought. Apparently it worked fine.

When I got it, it was fine for about a year, then my wife left the lights on. Battery died.

About 2 months later, the battery died, just as we were pulling in to a friends house. We jumped it, took it home 20 minutes away and it died again. We jumped it the next morning, took it to Pep Boys and got a new battery. They recommended another electrical test. We didn't do that because it was running fine for about a month and a half. Then the battery died after not driving it for 2 days. We jumped it, took it to pep boys and had the alternator checked (checked out fine). So we took it to the electrical place...they did their test, couldn't find anything draining the battery. He recommended to drive it around as it was (not fully charged) and wait for another problemt occur so he can try to assess.

It's hot. 85+ lately. If we start the car with the AC on, it dies when you back out. If you back out and later turn the AC on, it shutters like it's going to stall.

Finally, tonight, when my wife pulled at someones house, it died again. However, everything worked and when we turned the key it sounded like it was trying to turn over, but didn't. We tried to jump it, but it still wouldn't turn over.

So, what might be the problem that nobody can seem to figure out? Could it be the spark plugs needing replaced? Are they misfiring? Should we tow it to Pep Boys or the Electrical place or the Dump?

Anybody have an idea?

Thanks,
Dan
dgalfano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
eclipesrs250
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to eclipesrs250
Re: 92 Eclipse

it is probably ur spark plugs if not those years seem to brake down alot on my uncle my eclipse sounded like it wanted to turn off like the stolin u said n i change my spark plugs to bosch n now it runs cu but if she just left the lights on n ur alternator good check ur engine fuzzes my dad had the same problem u had in his truck n his fuzz was dirty n that was all that was rong with it
eclipesrs250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
dgalfano
AF Newbie

Wow..I could barely understand that. I must be getting old. Anyway, it was actually the timing belt that broke and damaged some other things.

Thanks for your reply though.
dgalfano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
Tyrone Biggums
AF Enthusiast

replace your altenator. the same problem happened in my friends '90 GSX. the guy at discount auto checked the altenator, it was fine. he reinstalled it only to have the same problem. two days later at the store, the guy ran a test and the altenator came up bad.

sometimes the store employee doesnt hook up stuf right or read the readings correctly.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion