Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
gaspig
AF Newbie

How Many Miles on Your Malibu?

I have a 2002 Malibu with 67,000 miles and have replaced the lower intake manifold gasket, turn signal relay and blower motor resistor twice.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
ViperJ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to ViperJ
Re: How Many Miles on Your Malibu?

99 Malibu, all that has gone wrong is the intake manifold, I got a lucky one I guess
Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
malibugtp
AF Regular

01, 101xxx, intake gasket 2x's. blower rsistor., that is it. all he other "bad things" that supposedly go worng with the malibus i either havent gotten yet, or i replaced it with aftermarket performance parts
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
sswpriz
AF Newbie

I have a 98 with 142,000 miles. Had to replace the front wheel bearings, at about 90K, the water pump, camshaft position sensor and alternator all within the last 6000 miles. Bad things come in 3's ? I had a tune up at 97K, Oh and 1 fuel injector a while ago, but otherwise thats about it. I'm knocking on wood right now because I haven't had to do the manifold gasket yet !!
I still average 25 MPG with the 3.1
sswpriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
bcopeland
AF Enthusiast

We all know these problems well - read the threads. What is up?
bcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
tractorboy
AF Regular

98 with 70k, replaced the lower intake 3 years ago ( may not have been the intake gasket , may ahve been the temp sender leaking), and had the factory recall campain done for the wipper motor or arm.
tractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
mazingo
AF Newbie

New to Forum, so hello to all. 2001 Malibu with 116,000 miles +/-. Has a bad fan resistor, a blinking A/C light, leaking ECT sending unit, leaking Intake gasket (I hope its just the sending unit but not likely). I plan to replace the ECT SU tomorrow and the intake gasket next weekend. I hit a deer in october of last year. Then I hit another February of this year. Other than a black hood and gray bumber tha car looks okay. Oh yeah I average about 28-30 MPG.
mazingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #8
john20
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcopeland
We all know these problems well - read the threads. What is up?
no, WE don't all know these problems... I'm still learning about how big of a junker my car is...it's good to see all these problems all in one thread.

99 with 108,000, I'll be replacing my intake gaskets tomorrow. Got a new alternator, need to replace my fan resistor, bad antenna (need to fix, but not sure what though) replaced front coil spring, cable on my passanger seat broke

I think that's it... knock on wood
john20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #9
samturner
AF Newbie

right at 200,000
replaced intake gasket at 190,000 and passlock at about 160,000 front brake pads at about 120,000 plus blower resistor.

Up to about 180,000 was only driven highway miles. Been a good car. I gave it to the wife after I took it off the road and she loves it.
samturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #10
bcopeland
AF Enthusiast

Question is - Do you have a deep freezer full of deer sausage?
bcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
samturner
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcopeland
Question is - Do you have a deep freezer full of deer sausage?
Nope no deer sauage and like I said the wife loves the Malibu but my car of choice now is a 1991 LS Cougar 3.8 engine. The Malibu can never compare to the ride the Cougar has but alas Ford products have a few problems. The Cougar would also never make it out of this hollow in any snow, it slips on wet grass.

When I get the 48' Chevy 2 door Fleetline finished then I will have something I can work on. Just need to find some plasti gauge to adjust the rod bearings they are still babbit
samturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
slls
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samturner
Nope no deer sauage and like I said the wife loves the Malibu but my car of choice now is a 1991 LS Cougar 3.8 engine. The Malibu can never compare to the ride the Cougar has but alas Ford products have a few problems. The Cougar would also never make it out of this hollow in any snow, it slips on wet grass.

When I get the 48' Chevy 2 door Fleetline finished then I will have something I can work on. Just need to find some plasti gauge to adjust the rod bearings they are still babbit
I had a 48 Chevy, overhauled the engine, if I remember rightly the rods are not pressure feed, it has a scupper.
slls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
porrsher
AF Newbie

2004 (new body style) LS 137,400.
Replaced electronic steering mechanism, front seat base, radio after cd got stuck and would not eject, cruise control button on steerin wheel.
Things wron with it now; left daytime running light works randomly making the turn signal rapid flashing, you have to actually reset it everytime with the ignition for it to stay on, buttons are peeling, like the trunk button and lock buttons on the door, and fuel gauge is faulty when filled up goes to empty, as fuel is comsumed it will sometimes operate again. Seat base weld broke again when a "big guy" at the stealership where I was getting an oil change sat on it with force I take it since the weld broke, again. so not the seat dips about 2 inches on the back when I sit on it so I have things to pry it up to keep my back in form.
Thats all I can think about for now....
porrsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
red933
AF Regular

120,000 on a 1982 Malibu Classic. Ah, what a cute little V6. Puttin' a new cam/lifters in her now. She was running great until she started to backfire and sputter around town. I've damn near rebuilt the engine so far, should have just pulled it out. Hey, no more jokes about rebuilding V6 engines. 350s are fun but this is an everday driver. And with gas prices they way they are............well I'm not rich.
red933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #15
Dalt10
AF Newbie

97,950, I had the lower intake manifold gaskets replaced at 95,000. The front struts, strut mounts need replacing now. Console arm has fell apart. Top back of seat cushion is wore out (I'm 6'2" and weigh 260 lbs). Drive around 60 to 80 miles a day. I call it my throw away car. Drive it until it falls apart and throw it away.
Dalt10 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu