Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #16
JDMyoungin
AF Newbie

Re: Acura Nsx For 16 Year Old

well..i think its cause youre still young..or....NSX is also a sports car
Old 06-18-2004, 09:28 AM   #17
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz555
I'm from greenwich connecticut, its so weird up here, 3 out of 5 cars are either bmw's or merecdes, it's so annoying, even though merecedes is my favorite car, i dont wanna brag or nothing, and i aint rich either, well not yet, I JUST HAVE ONE question why would insurance be so expensive for an nsx, i could put it under my pop's name, he only has to probably pay like 200 or 300 every 6 months, since he has perfect driving record.
$200-300? You must not be familiar with insurance for a semi rare sports car. My Spyder VR4 was about 15K less then the NSX went for and it runs me about 900 every six. I am over thirty, live in a rural area, perfect record, multiple cars and shop around for the cheapest insurance every year. Trust me - a more expensive sports car isn't going to run two thirds less. Especially with a 16 year old driver being a rider on the policy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #18
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sticky

Insurance for me at 17 on a V6 Camaro is $2500 a year. or $250 a month. yeah, you keep dreaming about your insurance being that low.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #19
TakaCar
AF Newbie

Acura RSX type S
Tyotoa Celica GT
Nissan 350Z

They don't have much hp as the NSX but they won't be a killer in your insurance. They also look very nice to. But if everyone where you live drives BMW's and Mercedes, I'm wondering do the police have a fun time pulling over 16 and 17yr olds driving luxury cars or are they use to it? You could get a Mustang Cobra which has 300+ hp or a Corvett. But if you and your dad don't care about your insurance costs, then get whatever you like. If I was still your age, I'd go for the mustang but thats just me cause I love american muscle cars. Oh yeah the infiniti G35 is also nice with 260hp.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:41 AM   #20
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

You guys smell something?
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
Old 06-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #21
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX

Fish?

Like the other guys have said, if you're really looking for a car, start out with the small front wheel drive cars first. If you're really adventurous, go get a FF with manual transmission. Once you think you've mastered that [and at the same time, boosted your driving record], then look into bigger cars.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:26 AM   #22
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Acura Nsx For 16 Year Old

Its all what ur accustomed too. the kid drives an nsx and gets comforatable then He can get it however their are limits like a 500 hp 5.0 mustange. Honestly you can have a good hp number and still be able to control the car. Perfect ex a Porsche carrera regular 911 my uncle owns 1 it has I think around 350 -400 and its the most drivable car in the world. However their is the speeding issue im damn sure that if your driving an nsx your not likely to realized 60 mph compared to a (1987 plymouth le baron) just an ex I would never own something like that. Dont ever get something like tha if you have the money get an rsx if you want then if you feel you have control you can mod it somemore. But if you really feel control over the car then your ok. All I can say is I know my limits I was in a bad crash in sept 03 and man does 7000 pounds of metal clashing together really wake you up. All I can say is kno your limits!!!
" ~ Igor
Old 06-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #23
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
nsx

i'd say start out the way I did. Get an 88 civic lx with 108hp, think you are the king of the thing until you get a ticket for doing 54mph in a 35 zone, then back off the speed for a while. then when you get back to thinking that you're speed racer again, run a red light and get t-boned and total the civic. When you do that, you'll be more than happy to move up to a somewhat sportier model (in my case a 1990 accord coupe) and drive it like a normal car (within the speed limit...most of the time)
Confessions of an 18 yr old driver... you learn through F!@#ing up
Old 08-03-2004, 10:02 PM   #24
weaponCIVIC
AF Enthusiast

yeah 270 horse power in an all aluminum body with little loss of power to the wheels...

"Look as far as the eye can see, go there, then look farther."
Old 08-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #25
kkiepvvessau
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kkiepvvessau Send a message via Yahoo to kkiepvvessau

270 hp , with 0-60 4.9 s
if i'm remember correctly
Old 08-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #26
Mrock
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mrock
I'm just barely 18, and have plenty of close calls in my CRX. I have owned it for a year, and no actual wrecks, although a couple of tickets. To make it worse, I am well known by friends and family as a very safe driver. Imagine if I had a car with a slightly peppier more engine than the 90 hp CRX....what if I had an Sti? I would have probably been hospitalized now, or worse, hurt someone else.

If you can get an NSX at age 16, I'm sure you'll still be able to in a couple of years, so get something cheaper, drive it, and then get whatever you'd like after you've been on the road a bit.
ZC powered '91 CRX...JE 10:1 pistons, Crower rods, Bullfrog cams, Throttle body bored by Gude, Port and polished head, AEM adjustable cam gears, 340cc injectors, MSD SCI ignition, Cold air intake, clutchmaster stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel/heavy duty pressure plate, zex nitrous kit.

Waiting to arrive (and install, to get this baby running!)
Walbro fuel pump, PWR radiator, PM7 ECU

Look out, I can run 17's allllll day.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:57 AM   #27
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Heres what u do get the nsx keep it in the garage. Buy a POS for 500$ and drive that around once u get used to it change to the nsx.
" ~ Igor
Old 08-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #28
megaman277
AF Enthusiast

this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity, if pops is gonna get you an nsx, get an nsx....the way i see it, i'm pretty sure ur father is aware of the risks of u getting a new car, but u just gotta drive responsible...there are some people who's firist car can be a gs-r and they cant drive it cause its too fast but then there are those who can get the same car and learn to be responsible drivers...GO FOR IT!!! (you only live once)

"live to race...race to live"
Old 08-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #29
kkiepvvessau
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kkiepvvessau Send a message via Yahoo to kkiepvvessau

i have an NSX for sale 93, 72xxx miles 21k straight
if i can't sell this week i post on autotrader
i live in GA norcross , interested give me a call at
678 557 0334 , sorry no pictures you have to come check for yourself local people prefer
Old 08-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #30
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
i agree with...

Mrock, all I can say for your advice is "Amen brother" YOu gotta worry about the safty of others too. can you imagine what a peice of aluminum like the nsx at 170+ mph could do to those outside the car?

so on a personal note to Mrock: You got your head on straight bro

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX