Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
westhehess
AF Newbie

01 Sephia No 2nd or Overdrive

I just put a tranny in my 01 Sephia. It has no 1st gear or Overdrive. I replaced all the external transmission parts with no help. It will drive but skips second gear and won't go into OD. It wont even manualy shify into second. The overdrive on/off light does nothing. Someone suggested that driving it may correct the problem. About 15mi into a trip 2nd and Overdrive began to work. I parked the car that night and when I came out the next day back to just 1st and 3rd. I have driven 150+ mi since and 2nd and Overdrive don't work. I pulled my servos out of the old tranny pan and have them soaking in fluid if I need them but if I can avoid dropping the pan I'de like to. Does anyone have any advice? The tranny I put into the car was used. Someone hit my car when it only had 26000 on it so insurance baught a new one but not before I removed everything I thought I'de ever need. Much of the fluid ran out of the tranny and it sit for 3 years but when I dropped the pan it still had fluid in it covering all the parts. As far as getting codes, it doesn't code.
westhehess is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia