Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
Arkie278
AF Newbie

'99 Sephia won't start

Ok headed to the gas station yesterday morning, thought I ran out of gas and now the car won't start. Ive put gas in it, and Still nothing. Ive read it could be a ground problem, so I pulled the ground wire loose from the tranny and from the battery. Used sandpaper to clean all contacts and put it back together. Still nothing. Im getting upset. Any help will be welcome.
Arkie278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
MeettheCreeper
AF Regular

Re: '99 Sephia won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie278
Ok headed to the gas station yesterday morning, thought I ran out of gas and now the car won't start. Ive put gas in it, and Still nothing. Ive read it could be a ground problem, so I pulled the ground wire loose from the tranny and from the battery. Used sandpaper to clean all contacts and put it back together. Still nothing. Im getting upset. Any help will be welcome.

Try shaking the engine compartment fuse box while someone cranks the engine. The fuse box has contact issues for the fuel pump relay.
MeettheCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
mdbakersr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie278
I have had starter problems with my 98 Sephia - have had 4 starters since I bought the car in1998. May be your problem.
mdbakersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
mdbakersr
AF Newbie

Are starters a problem with 98 Sephias. I have put 4 in since 1998. Also what is a fair retail price for starter and installation?
mdbakersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
click--it
AF Newbie

hit the starter with a hammer
click--it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
shadedarkan
AF Newbie

I have a '98 Kia Sephia that doesn't start sometimes. Now, it will die about twenty minutes after being on. I had a friend who is a mechanic for GMC look at it. We thought it was the fuel pump, but after extensive testing and error codes he found out the Crank Position Sensor wasn't reading the RPMs of the shaft and returning 0 which was causing the computer to turn off the fuel pump or not start it at all (when trying to start the car). I had to put a jumper across the fuel pump relay, but the CKP still has to be replaced. Now the car actually reports error P0335 for the faulty CKP circuit.
shadedarkan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia