Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
RgAldee
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Getting 24 MPG on the highway, how much should it give? What could be wrong?

Hi can anyone help
KIA sephia 97, 1.8 liter dohc
16 valve

I think that it burns too much fuel, as it gives 24 - 26 miles per gallon on the highway. I have changed all filters, oil,spark plugs, and it does no better. What is the average mileage per gallon? I think that an engine size like that should give at least 28-32 miles per gallon on the highway. not talking about short runs. it gives about 20 or less miles per gallon. any ideas on how to remedy this situation. Will changing the sensors make a change? what about the fuel injectors will calibrating them make a difference? have any of you guys gotten any of these problems what did you do to remedy teh situation?
RgAldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
MeettheCreeper
AF Regular

Re: Getting 24 MPG on the highway, how much should it give? What could be wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RgAldee
Hi can anyone help
KIA sephia 97, 1.8 liter dohc
16 valve

I think that it burns too much fuel, as it gives 24 - 26 miles per gallon on the highway. I have changed all filters, oil,spark plugs, and it does no better. What is the average mileage per gallon? I think that an engine size like that should give at least 28-32 miles per gallon on the highway. not talking about short runs. it gives about 20 or less miles per gallon. any ideas on how to remedy this situation. Will changing the sensors make a change? what about the fuel injectors will calibrating them make a difference? have any of you guys gotten any of these problems what did you do to remedy teh situation?
fuel mileage is all based on non-real world testing. The way you drive, the condition of the vehicle, the tire psi and many other things will affect mileage.

If you are driving 55mph on the hwy you will get better mileage than if you are doing 80mph.
MeettheCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
kylec4321
AF Newbie

Re: Getting 24 MPG on the highway, how much should it give? What could be wrong?

An o2 sensor going bad could cause this. I am replacing mine right now so I should expect to see a big increase in mpg once I get it replaced.
kylec4321 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia