Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
BPmedia-David
AF Newbie

Unhappy Melted A/C Fuse

I bought my 1996 Kia Sephia a couple months ago, in excellent condition by the way...

But the previous owner stated that the A/C was working fine, and I didn't test it since I'm apparently a moron

Anyways, long story short... I opened the fuse box during a regular inspection (whenever I get bored) and I noticed that I had a melted fuse. Now I don't mean it was broken or mushy, I mean it was literally melted into the fuse box, and I had to get a knife and some other tools to get it out of there.
I replaced the fuse, and tried the A/C again, and it worked very well, but after having it running for a while (not long at all, less than a half hour) I turned it off and considered it fixed. The next time I turned it on, it wouldnt turn on, and after checking the fuse box again, it was melted again, and I had to pull out my tools again.

other than that, this car is much better than I thought it would be for the price I paid.... (I paid blue book from a private seller incase you want to check)
BPmedia-David is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sephia