Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
rej0515
AF Newbie

Smile "New" 1973 Nova

I don't know much about cars (though I've owned about 8 in my drive time). Today I got - for free - a 1973 Nova with (are you sitting down?) only 43, 000 miles on it! The guy said (and the title confirms it) the car belonged to his grandmother and has been sitting in his yard for some time.

I need the car as a second vehicle for the wife, just to get out of the house once in a while, but I gotta make sure it's safe. So, to the Nova-phites out there: where do I start with my due diligence?

The car runs ok (the guy who gave it to me drove it almost 40 miles from his house - though it cut off once - battery?) and sounds sweet. Body is in good shape, some minor rusting on passenger side rear. Upholstery in front seat is ripped but the back is excellent. Heat works fine, didn't test the AC yet. NO radio?!?!!! Dashboard is cracked. Probably needs a paint job.

Should I fix it up and use it or sell to the local antique cars dealer and get something else? I'd like to keep it if it doesn't give me a headache.

I await your thoughts and thanks.

rej
rej0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
ALMB~Nova
AF Regular

Talking

I think you should get rid of it as soon as possible. In fact I'll come over and take it off your hands, free of charge!!! Seriously though, these are great cars and always turn heads. They can be a pleasure to own and are fun to have. Plus you will be the envy of a lot of people who wish they had one. Fix it up drive it and enjoy it. OR give me directions and I'll be there to pick it up and take it off your hands. enjoy!!
ALMB~Nova is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Nova