Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '02 - '03
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
a4a4a4
AF Newbie

is audi a4 2002 sucks ?? extended warranty ?

I have audi a4 2002 3.0 48000, should i buy extended warranty ? because i heard audi sucks ! but i don't think it sucks check this out !!

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Conte...20040615150636
a4a4a4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:54 AM   #2
MikeLee2484
AF Regular

number one...dont buy a car if you think it sucks...number two...if you buy a two year old car with nearly 50,000 miles on it yeah buy the extended warrenty...you dont know how it was driven for that 50,000 miles...oh and i guess number three would be dont buy a car with an average of 24,000 miles a year
MikeLee2484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
estvespd
AF Newbie

Re: is audi a4 2002 sucks ?? extended warranty ?

i am scared i just bought a 2002 audi A4 and it has a indicator light on and it didnt come with a owners manuel. it has a circle with a X in the middle what does it mean. i an waiting for my owners manual in the mail.
please help
pat
estvespd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Sunny'sRedTalon
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Sunny'sRedTalon

Those are some sick cars in that website.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
busa4
AF Regular

buy an extended warranty. when you need it, it will pay for itself. these cars are not cheap to fix.
busa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
MR.H
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa4
buy an extended warranty. when you need it, it will pay for itself. these cars are not cheap to fix.
Your right, these cars arent cheap to fix, but most new-er cars aren't either. My dad and I both have Audi A4's same year (2002) and there fine. Both have almost 60k miles on them. If you good to your car then it'll be good to you. The only thing we've had trouble with is head lights and tail lights not getting a good connection there for it is supposedly a dead bulb. SO check the bulbs b4 you replace them.
MR.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
kbasham03
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estvespd
i am scared i just bought a 2002 audi A4 and it has a indicator light on and it didnt come with a owners manuel. it has a circle with a X in the middle what does it mean. i an waiting for my owners manual in the mail.
please help
pat
That is the traction control symbol, if you recently unhooked your battery it will be on until you drive a few miles, Check and see if your traction control is off that will bring the light on the dash as well.

To the original poster, It depends how much the extended warranty is. Lets say its $3000, the way I look at it is, if you buy the warranty you just committed yourself to $3000 in repairs. Let me tell you first hand, audi repair bills are not cheap. Also it depends on how handy you are. Alot of the problems that audis have, especially modified ones are considered normal wear and tear. For example, coilpacks. Ask any a4 owner and they will tell you to keep spares in your trunk. Another common problem is the windshield wiper transmission, if you need one replace expect to pay around $600. So it all comes down to your knowlege. If you are handy and have the tools to perform repairs then I would skip the warranty . If you dont I would def buy it, because you will use it trust me on that one.
kbasham03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
tru2037
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tru2037 Send a message via Yahoo to tru2037

You have probably already bought it but to the rest of the people wondering, a awful car. Any repair is a fortune even if you do it yourself, brakes are over $100 just for front pads(and don't strip out a hub). A tune up is $$$, insurance is $$$ tires are $$$ and worst is when you can fix it the dealer probably can't either. My 02 has needed all new vac lines, all coils, fuel pressure regulator, plugs, brakes, headlight spray pump, moonroof control, a cailper, and a new heated seat element. STILL the MIL light is on now for a maf sensor, and the ESP light is on now. Its a fast and a sporty car when it works but now I can't find anyone to trade it in to. I've only had it for a year. Maybe when they're new its a better car but when its break down time its going to hurt.

You also have to run 92+ octane fuel.
tru2037 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > A4 | S4 | RS4 | A5 > '02 - '03