Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 75 84.27%
RSX type S 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 02:48 AM   #31
ServingUpSumRice
AF Regular

Re: You are all MORONS

heh..ur a JOKE. WRX rules over RSX type-S. ask any1 that know more bout WRX and RSX type-s then u do. if u spend the same amount on a RSX and WRX, the WRX will come on top still. not many cars fresh off the lot can come close to the performance that u get from the WRX. i've driven in 1 and man o man itz nice. wit the AWD..GOD! itz like sleepin on a bed of feathers. the RSX*fwd* is nothing but if u have money its sumthin*same wit WRX*. the power u get from WRX, u cant find in most cars.

WRX:
1/4 mile 14.4sec
Horsepower 227 @ 6000 rpm
Torque (lb.-ft.) 217 @ 4000 rpm

RSX:
1/4 mile 15.2sec
horsepower 200 hp @ 7400 rpm
torque 142 lb.-ft. @ 6,000 rpm.

one word *WOW* big difference huh?

who the hell cares bout leather seats, how many gurls u get*matter bout ur game*. if ur basing ur car on looks then ur just DUMB! body kits, blue head lights, dirty ass wing*ur not going fast enough to get down-force from it*, muffler tip, stickers from APC*American Piece of Crap*, rims, sunroof*more weight anyways* etc......all that is not going to make ur car fast*ur car most be running on hopes and dreams then*.

if i was u i would go for WRX all da way no joke.

im lookin for a 94 Toyota MR2, im going to get me a 3rd gen 3Sgte*245hp STOCK!*. i bet the US MR2 turbo can beat the RSX Type-S.

well hey itz ur money do wat u want wit it. latez
ServingUpSumRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:05 PM   #32
antidote11
AF Newbie

Get the RSX....it's an Acura/Honda. A WRX is a Suburu, owned by Chevrolet for Gods Sake. WRXs are fast and AWD, but that's ALL they have. They have cheapy cheapy interiors, they are a little on the ugly side. They also have glass transmissions and I have heard numerous people complain about the shifter and the brakes, about how they suck. And this is more my type of reasoning. It has a turbo, with 227 HP That's lame !! Put a turbo on any other car and you have some true power. Do you think a WRX is faster than a turbo Eclipse, or a turbo Civic Si........Hell NO !!

Get the Honda, it will last longer, they look better and they are reliable.
Or go get the Chevy WRX, it's your choice.
antidote11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:11 PM   #33
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by nittanys1
I would say WRX would be the one to go with, but don't you think that this poll is a little bias, because its in the subaru thread. you might want to post this poll or another in a different thread and then you'll really have a somewhat balanced opinion.
once again biased is exactly right)..... post the poll in something non biased.
...you posted in a impreza forum either youve already made up your mind, or you need to repost in a general discussion board of some type. But I say WRX as well for performance although I have never owned a subaru, I have heard nothing but good things. But I ahve to say I like the styling of the type S a bit more than the subaru.
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #34
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

antidote11 I love the sig man, I just about shit a brick geeking over that. ROTFLMAO
Old 11-13-2002, 09:00 AM   #35
antidote11
AF Newbie

Thanks for the Sig compliment dude !!

But yeh, the WRX does have the performance over the RSX. I guess I am just so partial to Hondas. I have never owned a Suburu, so I guess I can't really say anything bad about them based on personal experience. They can be made to look really good though, and the RSX is a little tall, but suspension can fix that. But still the turbo thing gets me. Correct me if I;'m wrong, but aren't the WRXs pushing 14psi ?? Could me way off, so don't flame. But if that's the case, there are some Turbo RSXs out there pushing 11psi and gettting 280 - 300 HP at the wheels. Whewww---weeeeee.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:11 PM   #36
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by antidote11

But yeh, the WRX does have the performance over the RSX. I guess I am just so partial to Hondas. I have never owned a Suburu, so I guess I can't really say anything bad about them based on personal experience. They can be made to look really good though, and the RSX is a little tall, but suspension can fix that. But still the turbo thing gets me. Correct me if I;'m wrong, but aren't the WRXs pushing 14psi ?? Could me way off, so don't flame. But if that's the case, there are some Turbo RSXs out there pushing 11psi and gettting 280 - 300 HP at the wheels. Whewww---weeeeee.
actually In stock form the turbo through 1st and 2nd gear run at 9 psi above 3K rpm. The rest of the gears run at around 14.7 psi, but tapper as you go to redline to protect the engine. so an aftermarket turbo on an rsx produceing the same psi consistant/eratic would surpass its hp due to the gain of the motor. But money wise in this case it would be cheaper to buy a wrx. The rsx on the other hand with a turbo kit would be considerably more. But I see your point, on the other hand upgrading the wrx turbo could prove to turn things in its favor.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:09 AM   #37
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:

see, youre thinking along the lines of "turbo = power", youre not thinking about all the other factors involved. id like to see you put an 11 psi turbo kit on an otherwise stock rsx, can you say "kaboom"? okay say youve done all the work you need to get an rsx to hold 11psi, now youre making 300hp at the wheels... for $8000 in mods. throw $2k in the wrx, and its also at 300hp. there is just so little potential for the rsx unless you spend big bucks, its too strung out from the factory, like most hondas. a $50 boost controller on a wrx will have you running 13's reliably with a full factory warranty.

Quote:
Get the RSX....it's an Acura/Honda. A WRX is a Suburu
i dont understand what youre getting at here. subaru = econobox. honda/acura = econobox. how is either one any better? if anything, the subaru has a better "reputation", if you buy a honda, youre automatically catagorized with all the ricers out there.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:20 AM   #38
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
see, youre thinking along the lines of "turbo = power", youre not thinking about all the other factors involved. id like to see you put an 11 psi turbo kit on an otherwise stock rsx, can you say "kaboom"? okay say youve done all the work you need to get an rsx to hold 11psi, now youre making 300hp at the wheels... for $8000 in mods. throw $2k in the wrx, and its also at 300hp. there is just so little potential for the rsx unless you spend big bucks, its too strung out from the factory, like most hondas. a $50 boost controller on a wrx will have you running 13's reliably with a full factory warranty.
11.0 : 1 is the compression ratio for a stock Type S, the pistons are made for high PSI and can without a doubt withstand 11 psi from an aftermarket turbo, also $8,000 is a bit much....... due to the cam lobe ratio and the new k20c modifications, I have to disagree and say that the rsx has lots of potential, but for the money the wrx stock is the best "bang for the buck". the wrx's compression stock is 8.0:1 with a displacement of 1994, rsx is 11.0:1 with displacement of 1998. The fact that it comes stock with a turbo at about the same price is the deciding factor for me.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 AM   #39
antidote11
AF Newbie

I was going to say that as well. The K20A in these RSX Type S's are very bad ass engines. They can handle boost, maybe nothing insane, but they can handle boost in stock form very well. And you can get a good turbo setup, including intercooler for the Type S for about 4 grand.
And maybe another grand give or take for the final touches and tweaking. So you could trubo a RSX for about 5 grand and it will be one fast son of a bitch.

And the WRXs are nice as well. To say that they are better built or even close to that quality of the Honda, may be strecthing it a little bit. Probably one of the main reasons why I wouldn't buy the WRX is because it is a Sedan. I am too partial to my little coupes : )

And just because I am curious, how much does the WRXs weigh ??
Old 11-14-2002, 01:19 PM   #40
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I was going to say that as well. The K20A in these RSX Type S's are very bad ass engines. They can handle boost, maybe nothing insane, but they can handle boost in stock form very well. And you can get a good turbo setup, including intercooler for the Type S for about 4 grand.
And maybe another grand give or take for the final touches and tweaking. So you could trubo a RSX for about 5 grand and it will be one fast son of a bitch.

And the WRXs are nice as well. To say that they are better built or even close to that quality of the Honda, may be strecthing it a little bit. Probably one of the main reasons why I wouldn't buy the WRX is because it is a Sedan. I am too partial to my little coupes : )

And just because I am curious, how much does the WRXs weigh ??
Curb Weight with a Manual Transmission is 3085lbs, with automatic transmission its 3140lbs (the wagon lbs is more) whats really tight about the automatic is its system of traction response or Variable Torque Distribution (VTD). VTD utilizes a planetary center differential in conjunction with an electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch, hence forth better trac. sytem. also all WRX models have a viscous limited-slip rear differential stock. (also the K20A is a base model rsx motor in the US and a type R teg in Jap.) - Honda engine codes are confusing as hell. (oh yea here's rsx Base Curb Weight 2694lbs on k20a in us and on a k20c type S Curb Weight is 2767lbs)
Old 11-14-2002, 01:46 PM   #41
antidote11
AF Newbie

The RSX Type S has the K20A2. I was just abbreviating.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #42
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The RSX Type S has the K20A2. I was just abbreviating.
I have seen K20A2 however the K20C is a type s rsx, I know this b/c Ive torn one apart and, the engine code on the block is a K20A. The type S we dropped in my friends 02 civic was a k20C. (they may have stamped different models differently)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1aa.jpg (13.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 11-14-2002, 04:07 PM   #43
antidote11
AF Newbie

No, the RSX Type S engine code is a K20A2, I know that to be a fact.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:19 PM   #44
Fishcat37
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fishcat37
I'm with hybridsol on this one. The USDM K20A is the base model RSX motor (160hp). The USDM K20C is the RSX Type-S motor (200hp)Here is an excellent article that talks about this very thing. If you were too lazy to click on the link and read everything, here is a quote from it:
"2002 ACURA RSX TYPE S
Estimated Price : TBA: Approx. $20,000-$25,000

Engine
Engine Code : K20C

Type : In-line four
aluminum block and head

Valvetrain : DOHC, four valves per cylinder, per cylinder, i-VTEC variable valve timing

Displacement : 1998cc

Bore & Stroke : 86.0mm x 86.0mm

Compression Ratio : 11.0:1

Horsepower : 200 hp @ 7400 rpm

Torque : 142 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm

Redline : 7900 rpm

2002 ACURA RSX
Estimated Price : TBA: Approx. $20,000-$25,000

Engine
Engine Code : K20A

Type : In-line four
aluminum block and head

Valvetrain : DOHC, four valves per cylinder, per cylinder, i-VTEC variable valve timing

Displacement : 1998cc

Bore & Stroke : 86.0mm x 86.0mm

Compression Ratio : 9.8:1

Horsepower : 160 hp @ 6500 rpm

Torque : 141 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Redline : 6800 rpm"

You can't argue with these specs. As far as JDM K series motors, goes- the K20A can be found 2 different cars. The first gen JDM K20A was found in the Honda Stream (the first car to have an i-VTEC motor). Here's the link to the Honda Stream article...the server hasn't been working lately, so if it doesn't work, try back later The other place that the JDM K20A is used is in the 2002+ JDM Honda Integra Type R. It has 220hp, and jdmhondaparts.com sells them.

I hope that this cleared everything up.
-94/95 Integra GS-R rims
Performance Mods:
-JDM B18C swap
-OBD1 conversion
-Chipped P28 ECU
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
-MSD SCI-L ignition
-EXEDY Racing Clutch
Interior Mod
-'95 Integra GS-R Gauge Cluster
Former Motors - RIP:
-JDM B16A #1- Blew up due to over-revving
-JDM B16A #2 - Hydrolocked
Former Cars
'89 CRX Si - "The Bumblebee"
'94 Integra GS-R
'96 Camaro
Fishcat37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:21 PM   #45
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
No, the RSX Type S engine code is a K20A2, I know that to be a fact.
look man the block stamp said k20c, I don't wanna fight about it. (as i said maybe they made a different engine code for a different yr.) I'm willing to stay openminded. I know hybrid garage uses k20a2 but they are mearly specifying that its the second model of the k20a the type S the motor is stamped with a K20C, K20A in japan is a type R integra as I said (completely different motor from the us k20a which is 160hp base model rsx, while the k20a in japan is 220hp. Fishcat and I were trying to distiguish the codes the only thing we could come up with is that honda engine codes severly confuse ppl.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons