Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
jimbo831
AF Newbie

Rear Signal Lights, Brake Lights, and Backup Lights not working

My 2002 Z24 Cavy is having some electrical problems. Currently, the rear parking lights light up, but don't blink for the turn signal, don't brighten (or come on during the day) for my brakes, and my backup lights don't work. The front turn signals do work correctly and I get a fast blink. I have checked all fuses and replaced all bulbs with no effect. I know my brake switch is working because it does in fact light up my cyclops brake light. I am reading some places suggesting to replace the turn signal assembly for brake and signal light issues, but I haven't found mention of this being related to backup light problems as well. Anybody have any ideas what my issue could be? Thanks.
jimbo831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Airjer_
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rear Signal Lights, Brake Lights, and Backup Lights not working

Sounds like two different issues that where discovered at the same time. The backup lamps have possible not been working for a while? The brake lights and turn signals do run through the turn signal switch. Sometimes you can wiggle the switch and get them to work. It's nice when that happens so you know that the turn signal switch really is the problem.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Airjer_
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rear Signal Lights, Brake Lights, and Backup Lights not working

other wise the back up lamps start out with the turn/back up fuse in the instramuent fuse panel. The pink wire then goes to the PRNDL switch on the transmission. When the trans is in reverse the switch powers up the light green wire that then supplies power to the bulb.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis