Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Shop Owner Advice
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Shop Owner Advice Discuss various issues relating to running an auto shop with other shop owners/employees.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
rose0295
AF Newbie

Bodyshop Question...??

Not sure if this should go here but anyway.....

I live in Pennsylvania, I bought my car in New Jersey. The front license plate is mandatory in NJ.

I DO NOT want it!! I hate it there. When I bought the car I asked them to take it off, then I was left with rather large holes which looked worse than the bracket. I told them to put it back on and I got a Pontiac plate and put it in there. Well now I don't want it at all, I'm actually hating it more and more.
I read a forum somewhere where someone put some kind of plugs in the holes and just painted them. I can't seem to get any pics out of him to see how it looks.
My question is....how much to you think this would cost? To get the holes filled and painted. Is this even possible?

Any advise will help. I hate the bracket!
Thanks!
rose0295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
dave92cherokee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Bodyshop Question...??

Best option would be to sand down the area around where the holes are and apply fiberglass over the holes to get the best results and then sand, primer and paint it and it would look like the holes were never there if done properly.
dave92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
rose0295
AF Newbie

I was getting my oil changed and asked the guy his opinion on it, I think he more or less said the same thing you did. He called the collision center down the street, they said it would cost me about $300. But it would never be sturdy...like if anything bumped into it, I'd be screwed and have to have it done again.
Do you think it's worth that much? I don;t know if I want to spend that much but I really don't like it. I see my car on the road without it and it looks so much cleaner and sharp.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

If something bumped it , it would crack? I dont think if you just patch some tiny holes that will happen. Call around, and ask JUST for the holes, not the whole bumper to be fibered, and painted.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
rose0295
AF Newbie

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. The only thing I am thinking that would even touch it would be my hand when I'm washing it. I can't think of a situation where something would bump into it with such force to push the holes right back in, except an accident of some kind.

Am I insane to consider spending $2-300 on this??

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Shop Owner Advice