Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 7 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
240SX_89
AF Regular

Exclamation 95 740i Couple Questions

I just bought a 740 and it has many problems the main problem is reverse I have noticed that when it is warmer out going from drive to reverse the car jerks pretty hard but when it is cold like 10 degrees or lower it wont do it. It also wont do when going from park to reverse. Could it just need new tranny fluid and filter replaced or could it be something else, also where do check the tranny fluid. Another problem is that it tells me to check the coolent level and I did and it says that it has more than what it should. The thing that tells me how much is in there is sticking pretty far out. Well there are other problems but I can deal with does.

Thanks
JV
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
lincolnmaster80
AF Regular

Re: 95 740i Couple Questions

Well, can't really answer your question about the transmission, but at first instict it sounds mechanical. Sometimes a good tranny fluid change will do wonders. Search this board for "magic reset" and see if that thread helps at all.

The second question about your coolant: the most common problem is a faulty level sender. Not sure where it's located but it basically get's stuck and sends the wrong signal or starts reading a lower level than what's actually there in which case it has failed. I hear it's not too expensive of a part to replace, but I don't know and that's all I can suggest.

Hope it helps.
E38.org - Information and tech tips for BMW's
Shogun's E32 Tech-Tips
Gale's Repair Page
ETK Online
lincolnmaster80 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 7 Series