Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Jimbo_Jones
AF Enthusiast

first thread... yay!

so, just thaught that i'd get this firum hap'nin

What do people think of the VT?

if you have any pictures please send em in, anything to get a discussion happening!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #2
Jimbo_Jones
AF Enthusiast

lol... i posted the last message 2 months ago and nobody has replied, ah well, looks like everyone hates the VT
Old 10-09-2002, 04:17 AM   #3
Webmaster_Zeus
AF Enthusiast

I think its because this forum is predominantly an american forum hence holdens aren't really popular compared to the american type cars.

But the vt calais r a nice car for sure.
Webmaster_Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
it's w3ak
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:16 PM   #5
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

tsk tsk tsk

You and your Fords. Go look at the HSV VT GTS 300. Falcon will be 0wn3d
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #6
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Re: tsk tsk tsk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorikin
You and your Fords. Go look at the HSV VT GTS 300. Falcon will be 0wn3d

Ah- but the GTS is very limited in terms of production- in fact they are thin-on-the-ground- and the LEsser HSV models get eaten alive by the T-series- Lets not forget that the Falcon is getting a new V8
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 01:01 AM   #7
cruisey
AF Enthusiast

If the T series was so much better than the hsv range, explain the sales difference.
The VT will always be an Aussie Icon as it dominated for so long, sure it might not have been as technologicaly advanced as its rivals but then again, ford really didnt do much either!
cruisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 01:53 AM   #8
[ReBirth]
AF Newbie

for all you ford fans out there.

Firstly let me say that VT's are very nice indeed fuck off the calais and take a look at those beasts they have so ver-well named SENATORS.

I own a VT Equipe comes with few extras fom that of a stock commodore yet i love it like a HSV.

Ford have got the upper hand these days with their "XR6 Turbo" but watch out for the up n coming holden models the next series after the VY will have caddilac engines in them from the commodores - top of the range HSV.

The new commodores executive will have 198Kw stock.

You can imagine what the V8's will be like.

Also keep an eye out for the new SSX coming up, these things will maul anything. With a 5.7ltr V8 ALL wheel drive it'll have those riced-up r33's run for their money. for a look at these beasts goto http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=20005

By the way like i said i own a VT and i was looking for any suggestions as to where i could go for a body kit? preferablly in melbourne.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #9
cruisey
AF Enthusiast

i didnt think that the commodores were going to get a caddy engine. i thought this was a new engine, brand new and that holden in there new engine plant in melboure were going to make it for others. i.e afla, saab and a couple more. i thought that it was an american design, but its not in production anywhere else. and i didnt think that the caddys were going to have this engine.

Anyway if i was a ford fan i would be trying to find a rock to hide under, cause you aint gonna like whats install for the commodore.
what eva that might be
Old 07-06-2003, 12:22 AM   #10
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by cruisey
i didnt think that the commodores were going to get a caddy engine. i thought this was a new engine, brand new and that holden in there new engine plant in melboure were going to make it for others. i.e afla, saab and a couple more. i thought that it was an american design, but its not in production anywhere else. and i didnt think that the caddys were going to have this engine.

Anyway if i was a ford fan i would be trying to find a rock to hide under, cause you aint gonna like whats install for the commodore.
what eva that might be

You bash Fords yet you own one???

and I think Holden are going to be makingn a version Cadillacs new DOHC VVT V6 engine- of course to replace the Buick unit- about time as well- Ford are only disadvantaged here because they are using the ancient straight six- perhaps if Ford in the US actually built a decent V6 for could keep up with Holden in the 6 dept (although the current Falcon I6 beasts the Buick block into the ground) I still think the Boss is better than the Gen III as well

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:29 AM   #11
cruisey
AF Enthusiast

Arh, well c that isnt cause i want to drive one, its cause i need a car to get from A to B, and that mum happened to be updating to a landrover that i said hey i cant afford a car can i have mums. and there you go. simple.
so Fords are shit my ford is shit, i know that they guy that passes me on the freeway knows that. its common knowledge all fords are shit.
but what makes it even better is since i hate the car i can do what ever i want with it and not feel bad about it.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #12
blazed on haze :\
AF Regular

Re: first thread... yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisey
its common knowledge all fords are shit.

mate u dont have a fuckin clue. ever heard of a mustang? gt40? what about the new GT-P falcon or even the xr6 turbo? to me those cars beat the crap out of anything holden or even gm have to offer.

did ya know a few major car magazines voted the new xr6 turbo to have better performance and handling then the new ss commodore? and yes they did test them.

dont get me wrong people, i love holdens but i hate it when morons like this guy talk crap about some of the most awesome cars ever made u gotta make an argument.
blazed on haze :\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:34 AM   #13
oldmate
AF Newbie

re

i agree blazed on haze :\ , it pisses me off when people cant appreciate a car just because of its make. But you have to admit ford did nothing between 1979 and 2000 with the junkers they produced.

and also a major car mag (wheels) voted the camira aust car of the year 1982, so wheres the credability of those mags
oldmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #14
[ReBirth]
AF Newbie

Hey guys back again.

Been a while since i last visited this site.

In the time ive been gone ive heard and read new material on these Caddy engines. Originally i said that they would be 198kW stock ... this is incorrect infact the new engines will be producing 190kW at the rear wheels (still kick ford ass), the only thing i hate n wonder about is that fords new models generally come out AFTER holdens which gives them enough time to muster up some more kW to stay in competition.

The all new HFV6 (caddy engines) will be using caddy specs but totally built here in Aussie australia meaning that we can use the technology here to out perform a caddilac.

The all new crewman's that are out have made significant changes to Automobile market down here as well as the hrt maloo which i had the pleasure in seeing in the flesh at last sundays Sandown supercars (it was beautiful).

Not to mention the new HSV Grange that i had the seen today (looking very nice i must say) and the series II VY Calais with its sooped up engine (sorry bout the spelling).

Plus the all new 4WD holdens that will be coming out which FORD has now responded too.

A my mates girlfriends' dad works at FORD n has let slip that an all new FORD engine will be coming out sometime in future models to supposedly bust Holdens HFV6 (friendly competition i dun thinkso).

For all you ford fans out there don't think that jus because of the BA that you will have the upper hand, its only BECAUSE ford woke-up and realised that they needed a totally new shape to previous models i.e the AU fuck up.

Is ford in the lead? Yes. Will holden respond with deadly n leathal force? You better believe it.

Holdens will always be better.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX